Go Down

Topic: making 'slots' in PCB's? (Eagle) (Read 9 times) previous topic - next topic

CrossRoads

For a long slot, you can draw two arcs, connect them with lines, all on the dimension layer.
Iteadstudio may accept it. Maybe not.
Why not put the LEDs on normally?
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

westfw

Normally you would draw the slots in the "milling" layer, and negotiate with your board vendor about how (what size router bit, whether it would be a separate gerber file, etc) and when (before or after plating) that step was done (and how much it would cost.)

OSHPark wants the lines in the board outline layer, and they use a 0.1inch bit (so your minimum slot width is 0.1inch) (I actually asked about this recently.)

dannable

I don't know if this helps, but iTead do slots on their demonstration board so you might ask them? Assuming they are going to be making it for you that is!

http://imall.iteadstudio.com/open-pcb/bare-open-pcb/pcb-process-capability-demonstrate-card.html
Beginners guide to using the Seeedstudio SIM900 GPRS/GSM Shield

lax123

Mar 27, 2013, 09:49 am Last Edit: Mar 27, 2013, 10:01 am by lax123 Reason: 1
If you're making your own boards or if you're using a cheaper factory like SeeedStudio that doesn't support slots then I think Retroplayer has the best idea.

???

attachment: seeedstudio made pcb

magagna

My mistake -- I could have sworn when I looked last year they didn't do slotting. Maybe they added that recently?

More likely, I'm getting old in my old age.

If you're making your own boards or if you're using a cheaper factory like SeeedStudio that doesn't support slots then I think Retroplayer has the best idea.

???

attachment: seeedstudio made pcb
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/magagna <-- My last name.  Pretty apt.

Go Up