Go Down

Topic: avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00 on Sanguinololu (Read 9 times) previous topic - next topic

Stormbeard

I have a sanguinololu 1.3a, ATmega644p which I'm failing to upload anything to. At least I assume its not loading as the LED doesn't respond to the blink test. Instead I get the error;
Code: [Select]
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00 (with some variation at the end)
I got it with the bootloader (apparently) already loaded. I am running Arduino 1.0.4 IDE with the Sanguino board additions from sanguino-0101r1.zip and Marlin-Marlin_v1 (with baudrate 250000 and motherboard 62 defined in configuration.h). From a laptop running windows 7.
I'v tried changing the speed in the Board.txt and I get worse errors if I change it from 38400 so I have left it at 38400.
Iv tried the walk-around that the reprap wiki suggests (releasing the reset button as upload starts) but this hasn't worked for me.
I also get this error when I try to burn a new bootloader from the Arduino IDE. I don't know which 'programmer' option i should have selected but i have tried it with all of them to no avail.
I think I am out of options and may have to send the hardware back. Can anyone see something I'v missed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

spcomputing

When you plug in the USB, does the FTDI enumerate?  Did you build the Sanguinololu yourself?

Stormbeard

Im not quite sure what you mean by enumerate. I'm very new to all this. When I plug in the USB a new port (USB Serial Port COM8) appears in the Device manager so I select that in the IDE (its the only option). I soldered the 4 driver chips myself, other than that it was assembled when i got it.

spcomputing

Sorry, had my tech head on.  The "USB Serial Port COM8" in your device manager means that the FTDI has enumerated, so USB to FTDI is good.  The manual reset is a little tricky without the TX/RX leds.  I usually hold the button down and when the sketch size display appears, give it another 750ms then release.

Do you have a jumper on the AUTO-RESET or JP25?  Location appears (v1.3a) to be by pins 8,9,10 of the Atmega664.

That one enables the 100nF capacitor that would trigger the reset automatically.

I also get this error when I try to burn a new bootloader from the Arduino IDE. I don't know which 'programmer' option i should have selected but i have tried it with all of them to no avail.

Do you have a programmer?  You will not be able to put a bootloader on without a programmer (or another Arduino turned into a programmer).  You will have to connect with the 2x6 header on the lower right next to the reset button.

Stormbeard

The guys I bought it from said there is already a bootloader on there. I only tried the option of burning one in the IDE because I had tried everything else and wondered what would happen! I can only connect to the Sanguinololu via a USB cable at the moment, i have minimal equipment.
There is a black 2X3 header next to the reset switch. Does that help?

Go Up