Go Down

Topic: IMU GY-80 [HELP] (Read 3832 times) previous topic - next topic

freak174

Hello dear arduino community,

I recently ordered a 10DoF IMU, so when I received the IMU I sent him an email and asked for a datasheet for this particular chip. And it turned out that he had none, neither did he have the name of the chip.

However, I made some research on the net and it turned out it was a GY-80. Exactly the same look and same sensors.
The sensors included are
L3G4200D + the ADXL345 + HMC5883L + BMP085

I am in need of some help right now. Since I do not have a datasheet I do not know how to configure it.
When I want to configure it with I2C, should I assume that I do it for each of the sensors, I know that there are codes for each of the sensors in I2CDEV lib. or must I first configure the IMU board (gy-80) and then each sensor separately?

And atlast one more question, since it says: "Build-in Regulator and Logic converter to support  all (3.3V/5.0V) all types of microcontrollers", I do not need any pullups or such, to compensate for the voltage output from the Arduino?

Some links:
GY-80 (another link): http://www.logictoyz.com/development-board/gy-80-imu-10dof-9-axis-bmp085-3-axis-magnetic-field-acceleration-gyroscope-atmospheric-pressure-module-4-axis-flight-control-l3g4200d-adxl345-hmc5883-bmp085-multiwii-mwc-arduino.html

Schematic: http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/1790/gy80schematics.jpg

Cheers!

Erdin

Think of it as 4 different sensors, as 4 different slave devices on the I2C bus.
They happen to be on the same board, but that's just a coincidence.

So you need 4 different interface software for the 4 sensors.
The I2Cdev lib happens to have libraries for all 4 of them, and the libraries will work together.

So there is no configuration of the GY-80. You have to initialize the 4 sensors. The libraries will do that for you.

The board has a voltage regulator and level converters and pull-up resistors on all sides. You can connect it to a 5V Arduino without anything else.

brentho

I'm a newbie and I got the same too.
Do you have any information to use that (wired, and code) ?
I use the ic2 scan and it response nothing :(

Erdin

If you have a Arduino Uno:

Arduino 5V to sensor VCC_IN
GND to GND
A4 to SDA
A5 to SCL

run the i2c scanner. If nothing is detected, something else is wrong, like a bad breadboard.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy