Go Down

Topic: Laserpowermeter with Arduino Nano (Read 462 times) previous topic - next topic

Hi,
I am very new to Arduino, but I already know a bit about c programming.
I would like to build a Laserpowermeter... so I already bought a thermal sensor which outputs 0,1mV per 1mW... I would like to measure 0-6000mW with this sensor and display it on a lcd. How can I measure the range of 0,1mV till 6V with the analog input of an an arduino board? Is there a possibility?

Regards
Mathias

AWOL

With a potential divider to reduce the range to 0 to 5V you could measure 0 to 6V, but only with about 4.7mV resolution.
If you need better resolution, you need an external A/D converter.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Oh I am sorry, I was totaly wrong.... I do not need to measure more than 10W Laserpower... so I would be in the range between 0,1mV and 1V.... If I add an op amp amplifier wit an amplification factor of 5... I would be in the range of 0,5mV-5V... Which resolution is possible in this range? would it be possible to measure with an accuracy of 1mW?

Thanks
Mathias

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy