Go Down

Topic: Happy Day - I got a "new" scope... (Read 4271 times) previous topic - next topic

cr0sh

Oct 10, 2010, 02:51 am Last Edit: Oct 10, 2010, 02:52 am by keeper63@cox.net Reason: 1
Today I managed to find a good condition used Fluke PM3380B 100 MHz scope; its a dual-trace, combination digital/analog scope with an RS232 interface (allows you to control the scope, as well as grab data from it). I might have over-payed a bit for it (got it for $200.00), but it seems to be a very nice scope.

I'm not sure what I am going to do with my Tek 2213; I might sell it, I might keep it - not sure.

BTW - the place where I got the scope (Apache Reclamation here in Phoenix) still has a couple Fluke PM3370 60 MHz scopes (for $200.00 each); they are basically the same as the PM3380 (incl the RS232 interface), just lower bandwidth. I tested one there, and it seems solid - I didn't test the other. Just thought I would pass it on.

A manual can be found @ Fluke's website.

These seem like great scopes...there's a ton of functionality available, and the ability to switch between analog and digital mode (it uses a CRT for display) is pretty nice...

:) :) :)
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

jezuz

Oct 10, 2010, 06:15 am Last Edit: Oct 10, 2010, 06:15 am by jezuz Reason: 1
Does the place you got the scope ship?

cr0sh

Does the place you got the scope ship?

I honestly don't know! To describe the place, imagine a large indoor junkyard (they also have a separate large outdoor junkyard as well), where things come and go, and organization is almost non-existant. Imagine a lot of dust, dirt, and a few cats. Imagine piles of wire to the ceiling.

Even that description doesn't do justice to the reality of the place!

They very well might ship it to you; they typically deal in large quantities of surplus and junk (think semi-loads) - perhaps they would box it up and ship it?

Apache Reclamation & Electronics, Inc.
313 W. Apache Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85003
602-254-0613

They aren't open tomorrow, but will be on Monday. Good luck!

:)
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

AlphaZeta

Hey cr0sh. Could you share a few pictures?

Jeremy1998

I might just have to stop by this place some day... It sounds like a bigger version of my house... Even the cats!!!

And I might have to meet you some day, Cr0sh... You sound like a cool guy!

jezuz

creepy over internet invitation to meet with an older guy is creepy.

Jeremy1998

Oh, please! I was talking at like an arduino meeting...

jezuz

Oh, please! I was talking at like an arduino meeting...

That's what you want Chris Hansen to think, but I don't believe it for one second.

Osgeld

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php?action=unread;boards=2,3,4,5,67,6,7,8,9,10,11,66,12,13,15,14,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,86,87,89,1;ALL

cr0sh

Hey cr0sh. Could you share a few pictures?

These aren't pics of my scope - but they are pics of a 3380A/B I found on the internet (and rehosted @ imageshack):

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/4136/scope1.jpg
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/3236/osc03502ch1y2large.jpg

They're kinda big - so I didn't inline 'em...

There's little difference cosmetically between the A & B versions; the A has a smaller sampling record length (4000 pts vs 8000 on the B; though I imagine the A can be expanded in memory, just like the B can), and half the max single channel sample rate of the B (100 MSa/s vs 200 MSa/s). There might be other differences, but they're all likely to be similar "internal" differences.

:)

cr0sh

Oct 10, 2010, 08:57 pm Last Edit: Oct 10, 2010, 08:58 pm by keeper63@cox.net Reason: 1
dont forget the wine coolers!

Man - all you people need help!

;D

Trust me on this - I'm not. I've been known to make hard-core geek's eyes "glaze over" in discussion; I'm really that boring. My real-world personality isn't anything to remark upon; my online "persona" is much more articulate.

Yet somehow, I'm married to a wonderful gal who understands me, as far as I can ever be understood by someone else.

transontung90

hehe i new too , gonna be 20 soon

happy birthday anyway

pwillard

Trust me on this - I'm not. I've been known to make hard-core geek's eyes "glaze over" in discussion; I'm really that boring. My real-world personality isn't anything to remark upon; my online "persona" is much more articulate.

Yet somehow, I'm married to a wonderful gal who understands me, as far as I can ever be understood by someone else.

You and I must be twins separated at birth... It must have been that COCO influence at an early age.  

daveg360

Don't be hard on yourself cr0sh.  I can clearly see in your picture that you also have a very fine hat.  :P
If your system involves lethal voltages/life critical/flamable elements - you probably shouldn't need to ask.
The Arduino != PC.

Go Up