Go Down

Topic: A new,easy to use, RF Mesh Engine. (Read 10 times) previous topic - next topic

mowcius

the python code looks easier than the API part of Xbee but how steep is the learning curve to use this with an arduino(given that i'm at the lowest rung on networks and wireless communication ). perhaps a quick tutorial would help.

Indeed that would help.

The xbee can be very easy for simple stuff (just sending serial data) so even just a simple tutorial for this would be very much appreciated.

Mowcius

Imahilus

Thats a pretty good price, considering what you get and its capabilities.
Nice project =)

mowcius

"...it was my 12-year old son who set it up"
- Andy Griffis, CEO, StrongWatch Sensor

Just saw this flash up on Synapse Wireless home page so I presume it must be easy!  ;D

ArduinoAndy

the python code looks easier than the API part of Xbee but how steep is the learning curve to use this with an arduino(given that i'm at the lowest rung on networks and wireless communication ). perhaps a quick tutorial would help.

Download the EK2100 manual and the Synapse Ref. Manual. As for the Python scripts, there are
many to choose from - check the web-site.
BTW - I think they even allow you to download the PC Portal software.

8-) 8-)
"Never trust an Internet bully who insults and makes fun of your level of intelligence."

ArduinoAndy

But sending images would be ok? 640x480, probably only 320x240
How fast do you think I could send an image?
Mowcius

The IEEE 802.15.4 specification limits packet sizes to 127 bytes.

BTW ... All docs, software, scripts, examples, projects, user Q/A can be found under Support /Synapse SNAP forum.
8-) 8-) 8-)
"Never trust an Internet bully who insults and makes fun of your level of intelligence."

Go Up