Go Down

Topic: Proprio-sensor? (Read 363 times) previous topic - next topic

jzxx

Mar 25, 2013, 07:16 pm Last Edit: Mar 25, 2013, 07:21 pm by jzxx Reason: 1
I'm looking for some small sensors (less than a cm) which can detect the distance between each other within a range of about a meter or so. I've been looking at "proximity," "distance," and other noun, and all I can find are the kinds of sensors which detect proximity to a wall, or light source, when what I need is something that will only detect the other sensors, likely via radio.

Does anyone know of an existing package like that, or is this something I would need to DIY?

EDIT: To be clear, these sensors would not be mounted on a fixed axis, so line of sight wouldn't work. Also, I would like to use more than three, so since since they need to be able to communicate on different bands I might have just answered my own question.

miros

how abouth infrared LED and reciever. SMD reciever can be really small and will only work on 38KHz.
http://www.newark.com/vishay-semiconductor/tsop6238tr/ir-receiver-40m-950nm-smd/dp/22H1515

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy