Go Down

Topic: Upgrading Arduino (Read 689 times) previous topic - next topic

NW27

Hi All,

I'm running Win7 and have Arduino.exe installed in My Documents ie "My Documents\Arduino\Arduino.exe"
It is currently Version 1.0.1 and I would like to upgrade to 1.0.3.
What is the correct method of performing the upgrade and overwriting of files?

Neil.

I installed my versions side by side, including beta versions.  Then I realized any user created stuff was saved elsewhere, so uninstalling old versions was as easy as deleting folders and shortcuts.

James C4S

The IDE and its contents are self-contained.  So you simply run out of a new folder.

This is why you never put libraries in the "Libraries" folder of the Arduino folder.  Instead you put them in your My Documents/Arduino/libraries folder so that upgrades are seamless.
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

JimboZA

When upgrading is it a simple matter then of just starting 1.0.new not 1.0.old from a new folder?

What about the USB driver thing, as one has to do with a virgin PC?
My hovercraft is full of eels.

No PMs for help please.
DO NOT power servos from Arduino 5V: give them their own power and connect the grounds.

CrossRoads

Once the driver is installed one time, you should be good to go.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

JimboZA

Once the driver is installed one time, you should be good to go.

I'll give that a try then...... I vaguely recall that I started out on 1.0 so I've probably been through one successful upgrade to 1.0.1 anyway.
My hovercraft is full of eels.

No PMs for help please.
DO NOT power servos from Arduino 5V: give them their own power and connect the grounds.

Go Up