Go Down

Topic: Your last purchase? (Read 20 times) previous topic - next topic

westfw

Just another piece-o-junk for later hacking!

I've been trying to cut back on that sort of thing.  In fact, I've recently been taking some things that I rescued out of work's dumpsters BACK to work's dumpsters.  I mean, a working perfectly 386sx PC is nice, but ... not really worth the space it takes up, anymore.  I don't want to end up on "Hoarders."

cr0sh

I've been trying to cut back on that sort of thing.  In fact, I've recently been taking some things that I rescued out of work's dumpsters BACK to work's dumpsters.  I mean, a working perfectly 386sx PC is nice, but ... not really worth the space it takes up, anymore.  I don't want to end up on "Hoarders."

I used to have a 386 motherboard that I still kick myself over for "getting rid of". There are some graphics demos for the PC that won't work right on anything but a real 386. It was a nice board, too - mini-AT, stocked with 8 MB of simm, AMD 386DX40 IIRC.

:'(

I know what you mean, though. I'm approaching "critical mass" with my collection of old Polaroid cameras I've purchased over the past few years for the ultrasonic sensor. My intent is to tear 'em down, keep all the good parts (motors, optics, etc), recycle the rest. I've also got a couple of VHS cameras that need to be torn down, too. And RC cars...

Ugh - maybe I need to be on "Hoarders" (I don't have paths yet, and everything is fairly neatly stored - so I don't think it counts!)...

;D
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

bld

Nov 18, 2010, 11:15 pm Last Edit: Nov 18, 2010, 11:16 pm by bld Reason: 1

And my little test setup

Modified usb cable, and the arduino running the blink without delay... Let's see how long it can run. :)
captain-slow.dk | non contagious!

defsdoor

30 metres of 4 core ribbon cable

cr0sh

[edit]And my little test setup[/edit]

bld:

A friend of mine has a similar setup, and bought (I think) nearly the exact same parts. He's using them for some kind of gardening monitor system, and says they work really great.

:)
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

bld

Oh, cool! I was planning on trying to make a sun follower with a small servo motor, and maybe using a tip102 to only switch the servo on when it needed to move, but need to do some more experiments before I do anything.

And would be a "stupid" thing to make, because all it probably will be able to power, is itself, and I am not even sure it can do that...

cr0sh

And would be a "stupid" thing to make, because all it probably will be able to power, is itself, and I am not even sure it can do that...

You'd probably have no problem doing that, as long as you ran the code on some timer interrupt (say every 30 seconds or longer), and went into a low-power sleep mode otherwise; you could probably easily keep the battery charged to run other things including the Arduino and the servos...

truetutor

Wii nunchuck at radioshack for 8 usd!!

i posted it in another thread heres the link... go grab one! ;)

http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1290218923

Osgeld

PCB enchant, some ir led's and photo-transistors, and Mc Donald's

Pokey

PA-15-2-45 high-speed tubular linear actuator. I'll use it like a big solenoid.

cra88y

A few IR sensors, looking to see if I can get my hands on an IR camera next...

Pauly

An LCD Backpack from Adafruit.  A gazillion wires down to four.  http://www.adafruit.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37&products_id=292&zenid=5fe9b502beb4da1d153d15853d5add0e

Time to clean up an old project and get rid of the rats nest of wires.

Onions

A ham sandwich for lunch.
Ignoring that, a subscription to EPEmag
My website: http://www.harryrabbit.co.uk/electronics/home.html Up and running now! (Feel free to look round!) :D

bld

An LCD Backpack from Adafruit.  A gazillion wires down to four.  http://www.adafruit.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37&products_id=29...

Time to clean up an old project and get rid of the rats nest of wires.

Mine just arrived today, going to play with it... NOW!

AndyboyH

last big one was a Kinect... Not sure to be proud (hacking potential) or ashamed (lame motion games)

I think the more interesting question is: what've you got your eye on next? :) But that's a different thread methinks...

Go Up