Go Down

Topic: Your last purchase? (Read 34206 times) previous topic - next topic

bld

Sound quality surprises me!
captain-slow.dk | non contagious!

CowJam

Twelve IN-12 nixie tubes, sockets and 74141 ICs and 20 IN-35 nixies.

New years resolution: stop buying stuff and actually get making.

westfw

New years resolution: stop buying stuff and actually get making.

Yeah.  I guess it's the difference between having more money than time, or having more time than money.

mowcius

Yeah.  I guess it's the difference between having more money than time, or having more time than money.

Well buying lots of parts can change that round  ;D

sptrks

1300 components from Futurlec and a TI Chronos. I must say that this is the coolest watch ever.

thegeekway

Picked it up for £80 ;)

Divyanshu

thegeekway

cr0sh

Picked up another big batch of surplus parts from Apache Reclamation today:

* some Figaro gas sensors (not sure what kind, I have an email in to Figaro)
 * several motors (DC, one stepper)
 * a couple of 12VDC fluid pumps
 * some heatsinks (for some reason, finding nice multiwatt-15 heatsinks isn't easy; the closest I came was some expensive beast from SparkFun, and something from Digikey - found ones at ARE for 15 cents each)
 * some MJ12005 NPN power transistors
 * a bunch of TO-3 insulators (plastic and mica - at least 200 or so)
 * LM350K TO-3 3A adjustable voltage regulators
 * a 555 (it looked lonely)
 * a Motorola RTL JK flip-flop (still in-package!) for my antique collection
 * some microswitches
 * some trapped-ball tilt switches

Plus a variety of 74xxx parts (most LS):

* 74LS245
 * 74LS253
 * 74HC943 (woohoo - 300 baud modem!)
 * 74LS168
 * 74LS14
 * LM337
 * LM565
 * ADG412BN

All-in-all, some fun stuff; the motors were kinda on the more expensive side of things ($10.00 each for some), but the components were only about $1.00 each on average. Plus there were a few "gives" (like the gas sensors). It was a good day.

Oh - and I went to Goodwill and got a small New Bright R/C truck ($3.00), and two ATA100 3.5" removable drive docks ($3.00 each - still in shrink wrap).

;)

/I've got problems... ;D
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

doublet

* a 555 (it looked lonely)

::) Shopping addict!

bld

I've got problems...

Not at all, you got so much stuff that you can build what ever you want... no problems at all ;)

Would be the same to ask an alcoholic if he had an alcohol problem... "No, I got plenty" ;)
captain-slow.dk | non contagious!

Thansen_DK

I just got this brand new 3.5" VIA Eden ESP6000 Micro Module for free together with a 500MB RAM module :-)

It has a 1GHz CPU onboard.

http://www.tri-m.com/products/avalue/ecm3610.html

Thansen_DK

CowJam

That's nice! What're you using it for Thansen?

Thansen_DK

Jan 10, 2011, 02:06 pm Last Edit: Jan 10, 2011, 10:24 pm by Thansen_DK Reason: 1
That's it, I really don't know :-)

Maybe a small webserver, although I already have a webserver in my NAS (Synology DS107+) but it's pretty slow, maybe a server with this board are a bit faster.

I also got a Optrex LCD Panel T-51750GD065J-FW-ADN
http://www.optrex.com/SiteImages/PartList/SPEC/T-51750GD065J-FW-ADN_Eng.pdf
It's a 6,5" LCD 640x480 But it's without controller, anybody know anything about that?
It would be nice if I could purchase a seperate controller and use it with the Via Eden bord :-)
According to the datasheet the interface is a 18-bit parallel data transfer (6-bit / color)

Any suggestions?
Thansen_DK

Go Up