Go Down

Topic: Commissioning a project (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

andy_con

sorry this is going to be a long one, but hopefully an exciting one.

im looking for someone, ideally in the UK to help make my thoughts reality.

I design and build laser modules and projectors for my hobby and for a few years ive been trying to make my hobby pay.
im an engineer in my day job and at home, I own two cnc milling machines in my laser workshop I have put a lot of money into them. electronics and coding baffles me and this is why im after help.

ill cut straight to it and take any questions afterwards.

what im after is a decent size touchscreen controller for my laser projectors. the touch screen will control the scan angle, flip x and y axis, adjust power of the module inside the projector, display temperatures of each module and the projector base plate, temperature control the fans inside the projector, turn the lasers on the display a square for setting up the projector

I also want the whole thing to be able to be controlled wirelessly via wifi.

say your at a festival and your laser projector is on rigging high up on stage, you cannot get access to it. so download the app for your phone or tablet, connect to the projector and all the controls from the touch screen appear on your device.

so digi pots would be used in the project and I have some other useful bits of information needed. also if you could write an app for android that would be ace to, for the wireless part.

it probably sounds a bigger project than it actually is, but id love someone in the UK to be able to help.

anyone got any thoughts? is this possible with a RPi?

some photos of my work

Coding Badly

anyone got any thoughts?

no takers

Patience.  This forum is the least active during August.  Give folks time to get the kids back to school.  Many users access this forum once a week.

Refresh.  Add details as you think of them.

robtillaart

Sounds like an interesting project! (Sorry I'm not from UK)

I also want the whole thing to be able to be controlled via wifi.

What are your requirements wrt safety? security?
if the wifi (or the wired connections) stuck should the system stop ?

Do you have the requirements (>90%) complete?
NB Changing requirements during a project can cost the most money and is one of the major causes for project failure.

Do you have sketches of the screens the system should offer? to name a few:
- "splash" screen
- "off state" screen (after start up or after reset/stop)
- "settings" screen(s)
- "running" screen
- "remote controlled" screen
- "show internals" screen
- "lock/login" screen

How to move from one screen to the other?
- menu system
- switches

Consider the system is a black box, to what it is connected? what are the IO's?
- power supply? {240-110, 24, 12 V)
- wifi
- PC ?
- audio input?

Just a few questions of the many that pop up
Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

Bainesbunch

Aug 11, 2014, 10:44 pm Last Edit: Aug 11, 2014, 10:47 pm by Bainesbunch Reason: 1
Hello Andy,

I am not from the UK either but I used to live there before i moved to live in France. I can offer the sort of expertise and advise that you are looking for.

Please take a look at my website WWW.EmbeddedAT.com to see the sort of projects that I normally get involved in. If you think that I am a good match for your requirments or just want a chat about your options please drop me an email to Peter@eEmbeddedAT.com

Cheers Pete.

EmbeddedAT .. From Concept to Prototype to Production
Electronics and firmware design and project mentoring
I do answer personal requests for help when accompanied with a PayPal receipt ;)

andy_con

its not a big deal if your not from the UK, id just like UK.

answers below in red

Sounds like an interesting project! (Sorry I'm not from UK)

I also want the whole thing to be able to be controlled via wifi.

What are your requirements wrt safety? security? for connection do you mean? 4 digit pin or similar
if the wifi (or the wired connections) stuck should the system stop ? not stop but if wifi connection is dropped the laser beam output needs to stop instantly

Do you have the requirements (>90%) complete? 100%
NB Changing requirements during a project can cost the most money and is one of the major causes for project failure.

Do you have sketches of the screens the system should offer? to name a few:
- "splash" screen
- "off state" screen (after start up or after reset/stop)
- "settings" screen(s)
- "running" screen
- "remote controlled" screen
- "show internals" screen
- "lock/login" screen

i dont have any of this but i can

How to move from one screen to the other?
- menu system
- switches

the unit needs to use a touch screen, so on screen arrow or similar

Consider the system is a black box, to what it is connected? what are the IO's?
- power supply? {240-110, 24, 12 V) i have 240v inside the projection, 24v, 12v and 5v
- wifi
- PC ?
- audio input?

connection wise, it will need to be screw terminals or similar so i can connect lasers and galvo's

Just a few questions of the many that pop up

andy_con

uk isnt a must, its more handy

Hello Andy,

I am not from the UK either but I used to live there before i moved to live in France. I can offer the sort of expertise and advise that you are looking for.

Please take a look at my website WWW.EmbeddedAT.com to see the sort of projects that I normally get involved in. If you think that I am a good match for your requirments or just want a chat about your options please drop me an email to Peter@eEmbeddedAT.com

Cheers Pete.

Go Up