Go Down

Topic: samsung SGH-A157 connectivity? (Read 688 times) previous topic - next topic

pyrotuc

so ive got this old burner phone, its a samsung SGH-A157 but I noticed it had a micro-USB port instead of that proprietary one so I thought maybe it'd be possible to hook it up. I connect it to my macbook and instantly wwan recognizes it (OS X's built in cell modem thingmajig), i can open the tty on the command line with 'screen /dev/tty.wwan' and i can successfully interface with it through the AT command set.  i know you generally cant straight connect a usb device to an arduino (mega 2560 in my case) without a host card, but i also know a lot of these crappy phones just use rs232 on the data pins.  i thought before i go chopping a cable up, id see if anyone had any thoughts on this. i have some lm1488 drivers and receivers and a few max232's on the way. it does not have a regular headset jack, and i read you might can use a special cable for tty calls. cant seem to find a pin out though, guess thats why they call it proprietary. any ideas?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy