Go Down

Topic: Measuring PAR (photosynthetic active radiation) (Read 3963 times) previous topic - next topic

Grumpy_Mike

Quote from: Grumpy_Mike on Today at 06:57:28 PM
Now do you actually think that can be replaced by an LED?
I hope so!

It was a rhetorical question.

Thanks for the link, but have you got any idea how expensive these sensors are?

Sure I have they do a lot in a calibrated reliable way.

I've got a link for you.

Not impressed
This archived page is no longer maintained

Sounds all a bit new age to me.
These people use a led for taking scientific measurement

Not surprised at anything people like that will do. They can't make a web page that's for sure. The whole thing apart from about half an inch is hidden behind that first screen.

Think out of the box I would say.

Try and think your way out of a paper bag I would say.

wouldn't it be cool if it where to work?

So would Dr. Who.

I should point out that I used to be a Physics professor (U.S. term. U.K. term Senior Lecturer) at a University for 20 years, I specialized in instrumentation, so what do I know. ( another rhetorical question )

BillieBricks

wouldn't it be cool if it where to work?

So would Dr. Who.

I should point out that I used to be a Physics professor (U.S. term. U.K. term Senior Lecturer) at a University for 20 years, I specialized in instrumentation, so what do I know. ( another rhetorical question )

Dr Who? (pun intended)
I know who you are Mr. Cook and have the utmost respect for your knowledge and skills...
That being said, I think you've stood to long in front of the classroom ordering students around. Telling them how to think your way.
I'm not saying a calibrated sensor wouldn't do a much better job then some cheap alternative, they cost a fortune for a reason don't they, but that's not the point. I came here to learn and have some fun meanwhile...
I read an article on how to make a photo sensor for cheap and was looking for some help with that...Nothing more!

So to finally end this debate... I sincerely apologize if I offended your intelligence. Keep the paper bag for yourself and have a look inside once in a while. It might do you some good...

Allons-y!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy