Go Down

Topic: Measuring PAR (photosynthetic active radiation) (Read 2973 times) previous topic - next topic

Grumpy_Mike

Quote from: Grumpy_Mike on Today at 06:57:28 PM
Now do you actually think that can be replaced by an LED?
I hope so!

It was a rhetorical question.

Thanks for the link, but have you got any idea how expensive these sensors are?

Sure I have they do a lot in a calibrated reliable way.

I've got a link for you.

Not impressed
This archived page is no longer maintained

Sounds all a bit new age to me.
These people use a led for taking scientific measurement

Not surprised at anything people like that will do. They can't make a web page that's for sure. The whole thing apart from about half an inch is hidden behind that first screen.

Think out of the box I would say.

Try and think your way out of a paper bag I would say.

wouldn't it be cool if it where to work?

So would Dr. Who.

I should point out that I used to be a Physics professor (U.S. term. U.K. term Senior Lecturer) at a University for 20 years, I specialized in instrumentation, so what do I know. ( another rhetorical question )

BillieBricks

wouldn't it be cool if it where to work?

So would Dr. Who.

I should point out that I used to be a Physics professor (U.S. term. U.K. term Senior Lecturer) at a University for 20 years, I specialized in instrumentation, so what do I know. ( another rhetorical question )

Dr Who? (pun intended)
I know who you are Mr. Cook and have the utmost respect for your knowledge and skills...
That being said, I think you've stood to long in front of the classroom ordering students around. Telling them how to think your way.
I'm not saying a calibrated sensor wouldn't do a much better job then some cheap alternative, they cost a fortune for a reason don't they, but that's not the point. I came here to learn and have some fun meanwhile...
I read an article on how to make a photo sensor for cheap and was looking for some help with that...Nothing more!

So to finally end this debate... I sincerely apologize if I offended your intelligence. Keep the paper bag for yourself and have a look inside once in a while. It might do you some good...

Allons-y!

Go Up