Go Down

Topic: PCB has tracks on wrong side? what happened? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

macegr

Are the pads somehow not on the bottom? Because with a "single sided" board (which seeedstudio doesn't normally do), it doesn't matter what side the traces are on if the pads are actually double sided and through plated. The circuit is the same. If you actually only sent one copper layer file, then yeah...one side would be missing the pads.
Unique RGB LED Modules and Arduino shields: http://www.macetech.com/store

MalcolmV8

Are the pads somehow not on the bottom? Because with a "single sided" board (which seeedstudio doesn't normally do), it doesn't matter what side the traces are on if the pads are actually double sided and through plated. The circuit is the same. If you actually only sent one copper layer file, then yeah...one side would be missing the pads.

The pads and tracks were on the top side of the board instead of the bottom like that picture shows.  This pretty much made the circuit a mirror image of what it should have been.  I could put some traces on top on purpose just to make it a double sided.  Seems silly when I can fit it all on one side.

MalcolmV8

Find somebody good and stick with them. iteadstudio has  been working well for me.

I noticed iteadstudio has the same pricing as seeedstudio.  What's their turn around time like?  From the time you submit the order till you get it?

liudr

Seeedstudio and iteadstudio are comparable in terms of service, IMHO.

CrossRoads

~3 weeks for Registered Air Mail, longest time seems to be clearing customs after leaving itead.
DHL for larger orders and bigger boards is much quicker, but $26 vs ~$8 also.
My last 2 delivered orders went to board assembly house in CA, seemed very quick,  being assembled this week.  3rd board order is on its way to CA too.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Go Up