Go Down

Topic: newbie led control questions (Read 261 times) previous topic - next topic

stepdhess

Hi all, I'm planning on building a full led array for my reef fish tank. I am planning on using MANY different channels to control different colors. So here's my question:
I am using the arduino mega 2560 to control pwm powered meanwell ldd h drivers. I have more drivers than channels available (7) Can i stack multiple (2) drivers that are of the same cycle into one pwm output and still get full dimming function?

retrolefty

Hi all, I'm planning on building a full led array for my reef fish tank. I am planning on using MANY different channels to control different colors. So here's my question:
I am using the arduino mega 2560 to control pwm powered meanwell ldd h drivers. I have more drivers than channels available (7) Can i stack multiple (2) drivers that are of the same cycle into one pwm output and still get full dimming function?

Most likely yes. Note sure about your "channels avalible (7)" remark. the product page for the mega board says:

Digital I/O Pins   54 (of which 15 provide PWM output)

Lefty

stepdhess

sorry i left some stuff out.
I'm using a pre designed programmed designed for the mega 2560 which utilizes a color touch screen which takes up many of the pwm pins (2-6) leaving 9 open. 7 of them for LEDs and 2 for pwm fans.
the name of the project is "jarduino," it was made specifically for digitally controlling aquariums

Go Up