Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Leonardo No Serial Output  (Read 1674 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Look at the BIOS parameters before boot, there should be an option to enable/disable the Usb EHCI (enhanced host control interface). As far as I understand it is enabled by default, but a previous user may have disabled it.

You can obtain basic diagnostic information from the Windows event log, and since you have access to an oscilloscope you might want to try a tool for Usb electrical analysis (see http://www.usb.org/developers/tools/).

This is a laptop, I have very limited options.  There is no EHCI option in BIOS.

One thing to consider is what version USB ports do you have?  I've had problems using my Leonardo on USB3.0 ports.  I had to move it to a USB2.0 port to work correctly.

This is an old computer, HP zd7160us.  P4 running Win XP SP2 and Java 7.  The USB should be 2.0.

Thanks for any continuing help.  I may just have to run on another computer if I can't figure it out, but I don't see any reason why it shouldn't communicate.

Rome, Italy
View Profile

Perhaps you already did, but check the HP support page for Usb troubleshooting: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?tmp_rule=68308&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=ca&dlc=en&lc=en&product=392747.

I would go back to my previous suggestion to burn a linux OS on a DVD or pen drive (if the PC can boot from a Usb pen drive). lubuntu.net is relatively lightweight and should work with acceptable performance.

View Profile

I've given up on this PC and I'm using an ubuntu netbook with no problems.  Thanks for all the help, I've even tried new firmware for the laptop.

Question, what is the difference between the Arduino IDE available on the sofware center versus the downloadable from the website?  I'm currently using the IDE from the software center.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: