Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: wireless xbee network  (Read 401 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

i am trying to interface vb with arduino so that incoming wireless data can be displayed into a vb module. any suggestions on how to approach this??

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

any suggestions on how to approach this??
The XBees replace wires. The PC doesn't know that the device connected to the PC doesn't have any wires attached to it.

So, your approach doesn't depend on wires vs. wireless.

View Profile

paul i think u misread the question... what i want is that instead of x-ctu displaying the incoming data, the vb interface/module could display the data
i.e i want the vb app to read data from the comm port from which the xbee sends to computer. problem is that since that comm port is continuously in use how do i redirect that stream of info to vb app??   

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

paul i think u misread the question.
Well, I think you miswrote it, so we're even.

what i want is that instead of x-ctu displaying the incoming data, the vb interface/module could display the data
So, what's the problem?

i.e i want the vb app to read data from the comm port from which the xbee sends to computer.
OK. So, what's the problem?

problem is that since that comm port is continuously in use how do i redirect that stream of info to vb app??
It is only "continuously in use" if you have some other application reading that serial port. You can only have one application connected to the serial port. You must close X-CTU and/or the Serial Monitor application to allow the VB application to open the serial port.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: