Go Down

Topic: [Solved] HC SR04 interfacing with DUE? (Read 2067 times) previous topic - next topic

Apr 04, 2013, 04:20 pm Last Edit: Apr 08, 2013, 05:23 pm by TjaartBester Reason: 1
Hello

I was wondering if the HC SR04 ultrasonic distance sensor is compatible with the DUE because the output signal of the HC SR04  is a 100us 5v pulse, will the DUE refuse the input? I am a bit hesitant to test it and was wondering if someone has done this.

Thanks.

cjdelphi

You could use a voltage divider ...

a 10k and 15k resistor (where they meet) should give a 3v signal as a high...

Good idea, I'll test it today using a voltage divider and test using a pnp transistor an see whether is works.

Hello everyone

I have verified that the the HC SR04 ultrasonic distance sensor is compatible with the DUE. As cjdelphi suggested a voltage divider of 5.6K and 10K solved the 5V interfacing issue.

Mitius

hello. I have the same problem that you've had. I have to interface the sensor HC-SR04 with arduino DUE and I thought well I use transistor and a voltage divider. I used a transistor bc558c only that it is giving vcc gnd that the base always gives me 5v output. transistor that you've used? so what do you recommend I purchase on the safe without spending money to try several. Thank you!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy