Go Down

Topic: automobile relay question (Read 881 times) previous topic - next topic

tnap1979

but again,
will the contact switch terminals handle 120v ac.. ?
thats my concern, im no electrician, but i mess with this stuff, and i just dont want something failing and having to explain to landlord why the house went poof

zoomkat

Most large ac units have internal relays/contactors operated via a 24v coil. You may want to look at a relay that will also switch the control 24v coil in parallel to operate the main relays/contactors.
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   8)

retrolefty

but again,
will the contact switch terminals handle 120v ac.. ?
thats my concern, im no electrician, but i mess with this stuff, and i just dont want something failing and having to explain to landlord why the house went poof

I suspect most 'automotive' relays are not rated for 120vac operation and unless they were I wouldn't use them as such. I was just responding to the statement:

I don't think auto relays are rated for 15A+..

Lefty

tnap1979

ahh ok, got yea,
so all these relays i have from cars are useless to my plans
dammit.. lol

codlink

Sure there are, it's a pretty common relay application for controlling power window motors, seat motors, etc.

Yep, your right.  I stand corrected.  I am an old muscle car enthusiast and don't pay any attention to newer cars.
//LiNK

Go Up