Go Down

Topic: Cheap bluetooth remote controllers (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

pengyou

I have seen bluetooth dongles for as cheap as $US 3.  I am sure that I can buy them in bulk for as little as $1.50  3.7v and 5v relays are also cheap.  Can a bluetooth dongle be simply connected to a relay?  I have a couple of hobbies - hydroponics and raising fish -that would benefit greatly from being able to control lights, water pumps and drains remotely and with a timer.  I would not need to send a stream of data via bt but rather a signal that would contain the id for the bt device as well as a simple "on" and "off" command. 

johnwasser

No, you can't just connect a USB/Bluetooth dongle to a relay.  If it were that easy they wouldn't be charging $140 for one.

http://www.relaypros.com/Relay/Device/R15PL_ZBT#.UV4lxL-qbr0
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

BillHo

The USB/Bluetooth dongle need driver from the PC to work, so it can't connect to relay directly.
You can use this JY-MCU HC-06 Bluetooth Wireless Serial Port Module with Attiny MCU to control a relay for less then $20

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy