Go Down

Topic: Wifi and Adafruit CC3000 Shield (Read 268 times) previous topic - next topic

I'm not really an expert in network...
I designed a weather station (Temperature, humidity, SpeedWind, pyranometer, rain sensor, luxmeter...)
It's running correctly for now 6 months, with a storage within a SD-card. Everything is controlled by an RTC.

But now I would like to use a wifi communication to recover and read data when I want.

So, I would like to find some help in a first time, just to perform a file transfer from the SD-card, by wifi to my computer.

Arduino Mega 2560 + Adafruit Shield cc3000

Who is the expert?
Is there an interest to use the aREST library? the features looks weak... I don't know if the REST API can be a solution...??

Best regards

Everything is controlled by an RTC.
I sure wish I could get the temperature controlled by an RTC.

Who is the expert?
Adafruit. Strangely enough, they even have a library and sample code.

Is there an interest to use the aREST library?
Not in the slightest.

I don't know if the REST API can be a solution...??
That would depend on what the problem is. Complete cluelessness? The REST API is not a solution.

About Adafruit, obviously they provide a lot of examples with their library, but nothing to work with the SD-card throughout the wifi... and this is really strange like you said, because the shield have a card slot...

I begin to discover and understand the logic... find the web, SSID, password, WPA... next DHCP provide an address to establish the connection with our explorer... BUT:

How download a file from the SD-Card's CC3000 shield?

About the RTC: I'm using the SQW from the DS1307 to control an internal interrupt to give rhythm for recording and calculs.

My needs...more clearly

I'm using an application on my iPhone: RTA.
It's sound analysis app, and which create a local web server.

In summary: I can use an URL which provide a full access over record file, parameters...

This is the kind of behavior that I would like with my CC3000 shield to download my records files from my weather station

But I don't know where to start

If you want to upload files from SD, you will want to look up FTP, of which SurferTim is the expert: http://playground.arduino.cc/Code/FTP

I used one of his examples to FTP a picture taken and stored on SD. I didn't understand it all, but it worked.

I also have a weather station posting data. I would recommend using the GET method and post the data as part of a link.

This Instructable covers all the components needed http://www.instructables.com/id/PART-1-Send-Arduino-data-to-the-Web-PHP-MySQL-D3js/?ALLSTEPS

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131