Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: Eagle symbol  (Read 3506 times)
Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

One more thing - on the schematic, I use the "label" button (marked 'abc' ) and name all the signals.
Then when you are running the error checking, or routing, or reviewinmg the autorouting, and you click on a signal you will see a real name and not just N$16 for example.  Seeing "DIN" is much more meaningful.

* Pedro_names.png (11.16 KB, 808x392 - viewed 45 times.)

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Canberra Australia
God Member
Hardcore Arduino
View Profile

Thanks so much for looking over my board and improving it - it looks fantastic  smiley-lol I will definitely look at all your suggestions and improvements to incorporate in my future boards. I am using female  header strips for the matrix to plug into and there is ample clearance for the 7219 but as for the mounting holes, I will have to mount the board and then plug in the matrix. I was trying for a small footprint and I only moved the bottom of the board outline down 2 mm from the lower matrix edge so the lowest trace on the top layer of the board would not be too close to the  edge.
I also used viewplot on my initial board but for some reason the silkscreen was not showing up but your version shows it perfectly, so obviously I had the layers set up incorrectly. I ran the seeed camfile but it generated a different set of gerbers than what they require on their site. There again probably operator error - so much to digest. I might then have a look at Iteadstudio and see how I go there.Thanks again CR as always I appreciate your help
Pedro.

Edit – If when I run the Iteadstudio DRC should I be concerned with the 48 errors. There are stop mask errors around the IC and the two 5 pin data/ power connectors and width errors with the top and bottom ground planes. Do I need to address these issues. Also on their website here   they specify which cam files they need but when I run their cam file generator it does not produce the GKO outline layer file. Thanks.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 09:19:25 pm by Pedro147 » Logged

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

If you can clearly see all your Reference Designators and they don't interfere with the parts outlines, then don't worry about the stop mask errors. Most are concerned with headers.
The two Width errors are from the ground polygon outside of the board dimension, also not a concern.

For iteadstudio, I run their .cam file and then send them the 13 files that are created. They have never complained to me about that.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Canberra Australia
God Member
Hardcore Arduino
View Profile

That's great. I just preferred to check before I commit to a potential disaster. Now I will see what you changed on my original board so I can learn from your advice  smiley-cool

Canberra Australia
God Member
Hardcore Arduino
View Profile

I put my order in at Iteadstudio so I am now looking forward to receiving my first boards before Christmas. It's like expecting a baby  smiley-grin Thanks Crossroads for all your help
Pedro

Canberra Australia
God Member
Hardcore Arduino
View Profile

I have been having a look at the brd and sch files that you kindly modified for me Crossroads and just a few quick queries if I may. I am clear on the ground planes, but with regards to the net classes. In the schematic editor when I look at the default track width in net classes it is 10 mil but if I check properties of any trace, while still in the schematic editor it shows a 6 mil width. However when I check the properties of the traces in the board editor, the width is set at the 10 mil default and the power traces to the 24 mil you set up in the power settings of the net classes. What am I not understanding here,
thanks Pedro.

Canberra Australia
God Member
Hardcore Arduino
View Profile

I received my boards back from Iteadstudio today. After I assembled the first one and uploaded some code to it I heaved a sigh of relief as it worked perfectly  smiley-lol  I have got eleven boards in total so when I have finished it should make quite an impressive display at 60 mm wide and 660 mm long. Thanks again Crossroads as usual your encouragement, help and advice is greatly appreciated. I will post a video once I have it all assembled in a nice enclosure with it's own standalone Arduino board incorporated.
Pedro.

* Bigger Parola V1.JPG (802.44 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 48 times.)

Canberra Australia
God Member
Hardcore Arduino
View Profile

I know, I am just a video fiend at heart. I just couldn't resist posting this snippet until I receive the rest of my matrices

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbJfuUTQNEM&feature=c4-overview&list=UUiDU4JVEj5d6OgizDqoi_SA

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Jump to: