Go Down

Topic: Dual Stepper Motor Shield Trouble Shooting (Read 883 times) previous topic - next topic

Asa Herring

I bought a Dual Stepper Motor shield (ITEAD). I have hooked it up, checked and re-checked the wiring but I just get buzzing from both X and Y, when I use the test program. I set the pin call outs for X and then change them for Y. I get about the same thing for both of the two different stepper motors. I know that the motors work fine with other driver boards. I tried to tune the pot on the Y axis but that didn't help. There doesn't seem to be any difference when I plug in a 2 amp, 30 volt power supply. It does not run any better or buzz louder. I just get the same rhythmic sound like the motor is trying to turn.

In light of what I have done so far, what should I check first?
I have an Arduino Mega 2560. I also have a (pH) BNC Sensor Shield,an I2C/SPI/Onewire Shield(I beleive that it an on board clock.)and a Breakout Board Shield, all three are from Andrew Oke. Additionally, I have a Stepping Motor but could certainly buy a Servo Motor instead if it is any better for what I want to do, short term/long term. Trying to read the lable, I guess that it is: Type 57BYG. 12 V/Phase, 20ohm, 0-6A/Phase 1.8 Deg/Step, No. 04052 with a K179 Stepper Driver board attached. I can't confirm that the board is fully funtional

-Standby

Maybe a pic of your wiring would be helpful for us.
The Mind is like a parachute it works best when opened.

Asa Herring

Jul 13, 2013, 04:17 am Last Edit: Jul 13, 2013, 04:19 am by Asa Herring Reason: 1
The X motor is a Stepper Motor: Bipolar, 200 Steps/Rev, 28×32mm, 3.8V, 0.67 A/Phase
http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/1205

The Y motor is a 57byg stepper motor:
http://www.act-motor.com/en/product/20130617/66.html

I verified that the power select switch is on 5V.
I tried reversing the 2A and 2B on each channel. I get the same buzz but not as strong. I can hear the program cycle through the 3 settings step modes with different pitched buzzes .

I added a picture of the wiring, minus the extensions. I have tested them with the meter and with the other motors.
I have an Arduino Mega 2560. I also have a (pH) BNC Sensor Shield,an I2C/SPI/Onewire Shield(I beleive that it an on board clock.)and a Breakout Board Shield, all three are from Andrew Oke. Additionally, I have a Stepping Motor but could certainly buy a Servo Motor instead if it is any better for what I want to do, short term/long term. Trying to read the lable, I guess that it is: Type 57BYG. 12 V/Phase, 20ohm, 0-6A/Phase 1.8 Deg/Step, No. 04052 with a K179 Stepper Driver board attached. I can't confirm that the board is fully funtional

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy