Go Down

Topic: problem powering arduino RBBB from batteries (Read 636 times) previous topic - next topic

nmakro

Hi, i am trying to power my RBBB (atmega 328 pu, duemilanove, 5V) with 4 AAA batteries (4,8V 4000mAH). but when i connect the cables from my battery pack to any of the 5V pins and ground my board does not seem to work. If i power it through the FTDI cable everything works fine..

Is there a chance the 4,8 V are not enough and the board only works from 5V and above? i thought that these boards work even with 2,2 voltage supply.

Thank you for any suggestions..

Erdin

I should be working without problem.

Do you have a multimeter to test the battery pack ?
Could you check the wiring (once more) ?

nmakro

i don't have a multimeter but from the same battery pack i can successfully power two 6V motors.. i have checked the wiring several times and i know that the 5V pins are working fine because i can power my RBBB from the 5V output of my UNO board.. I was thinking maybe i should snip off the voltage regulator..

fungus

Hi, i am trying to power my RBBB (atmega 328 pu, duemilanove, 5V) with 4 AAA batteries (4,8V 4000mAH). but when i connect the cables from my battery pack to any of the 5V pins and ground my board does not seem to work. If i power it through the FTDI cable everything works fine..

Connect it to the FTDI pins.

If it doesn't work, the problem is the batteries.

No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

Boardburner2

Scrub that,just realised I was looking at the wrong diagram.

nmakro

my mistake! my batteries drained out during the night i suppose because i had them connected to the motors and without the motors running or something like that i think that they were drawing current. So i thought that my batteries were fully charged since i hadn't used them and apparently when the motors were moving it was from the ftdi cable and not the batteries.. i thought that the cable was powering only the arduino and not the motors.. but obviously that was not the case.. :p
thanx anyway!!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy