Go Down

Topic: swarm: question about sensors (Read 891 times) previous topic - next topic

Hello,

I start a swarm robotic project, and there's something I don't understand.
If each robot is equiped with a sonar (SR04 for example), how may "robot A" ignore the square wave emitted by "robot B" ?

Thank you for your help !

cr0sh

I start a swarm robotic project, and there's something I don't understand.
If each robot is equiped with a sonar (SR04 for example), how may "robot A" ignore the square wave emitted by "robot B" ?

Well - it may not be able to. That's one of the challenges - how to deal with the cross-talk. One way to do it would be to set up on each robot some kind of receiver, then on each robot, when it pings, it transmits a signal to all the other receivers (and doesn't listen to its own receiver of course!). Basically yelling to all the other robots "hey, I'm talking here - everybody else shut up!" - so the other robots know not to ping for a bit (nor listen for a ping).

If line-of-sight can be guaranteed, that signal could be a simple IR LED and the receiver an IR remote control receiver module (with appropriate optics added to both to allow for 360 degree coverage and reception). Alternatively, if line-of-sight isn't possible - then using small radio transmitter and receiver to communicate.
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy