Go Down

Topic: ROM-Reader for Super Nintendo / Super Famicom Game Cartridges (Read 183239 times) previous topic - next topic

Homerzilla2k

PICkit???

WxPic is a program for the DIY programmer, the programmer you solder together yourself according to the schematics posted in the github folder.

The PICkit is a programmer that you buy from ebay and it comes already assembled and has its own program.
Also you connect the PICkit to the USB port and not the COM port.
You can't use a PICkit with WxPic. You need to download the software for the PICkit instead.
If you have a PICkit3: https://www.microchip.com/forums/m500342.aspx

...That's actually really funny.  Been driving myself nuts and really just using the wrong program like a dumb ass.  Well thanks for the help.  I'll try it the right way this time!

sanni

If you manage to flash it with the PICkit and its software, please make some screenshots then I can add them to the github so that others don't make the same mistake.  :)

Parodius316

Sanni, great dumper!  Is there a list of the GBA carts anywhere that have the correct chip inside to flash?  I have a couple of those I purchased from China here, but none of those seem to have the correct requirements.  Thank you!

sanni

Can you post an image of the PCBs you have, maybe we can add support for it?

I bought some Pokemon hack where I could see a battery through the translucent case.

Parodius316

Can you post an image of the PCBs you have, maybe we can add support for it?

I bought some Pokemon hack where I could see a battery through the translucent case.
Sure thing.  I will try and get to them tonight.  I have 6 of them, but a couple of them may be same board etc. 

Parodius316

Ok I found 4 of the 6 I have.  Not sure where the other 2 ran off to.  But here are the boards:

sanni

Ok, from top to bottom we have:

ST M36LDR706 -> The gbxcart-rw project has support for this flash chip so one could take a peek at the source code there and port it over
Intel 0121 -> Can't find any info about it, but if we're lucky it's similar to the Intel4000 and Intel4400
Intel 4400 -> This should already work, maybe there is a bug in the code though, I can't test since I don't have this flashrom
Fujitsu MSP55LV100G -> Again I can't find any info about it, but hopefully it's similar to the  MSP55LV100S that is already supported in N64.ino.

So one should be easy to fix, one do-able to implement and two will require some serious trial and error. Too bad that they all don't have the same type of chip. I'll probably won't have the time to add support for them.

Parodius316

Is there a specific power supply you recommend for these?  Really don't know much about them.

sanni

3.3V selected on the Cart Reader should be fine and then any USB port to provide power to the Cart Reader.

Supercheap

Just wondering Sanni if you can get these carts flashed?? The first one is a N64 Flash cart and the other is a Sega Genesis Repro.

sanni

The current code for flashing Sega Mega Drive/Genesis repros is just an example and not based on any real-world repros, simply because I don't own any. That being said it should not be too hard to change it to match the repro pictured above. Just check the datasheet of the ST flash to see what code changes need to be done.

For this specific N64 repro, you probably would need to build an adapter as it doesn't seem that you can flash the repro from the N64 cartridge edge and the programmer cart edge will have a completely different pinout not matching my Cart Reader without an adapter in-between.

tamanegi_taro

Hi sanni,

Just curious. Why did you disabled internal pull up of buttons and placed 10kohm registor pull ups?
Maybe you can remove two 10kohm registors to save some space on board.

Thanks,
tamanegi_taro

KnightofTime

Hi guys, earlier in the topic i made a post with a question I didn't quite get an answer to yet, so I wish to ask it again please, can the cart reader be set up to work with NES and/or Sega 32X games (that is, being able to read/write to either of these kind of cartridges)?  I'm presuming the latter will work with the Sega Genesis/Megadrive slot (I've heard that the Retrode2 can work with Sega 32X cartridges even though the top part of it has to be temporarily removed for best results)?

Thanks in advance.

sanni

Hi guys, earlier in the topic i made a post with a question I didn't quite get an answer to yet, so I wish to ask it again please, can the cart reader be set up to work with NES and/or Sega 32X games (that is, being able to read/write to either of these kind of cartridges)?  I'm presuming the latter will work with the Sega Genesis/Megadrive slot (I've heard that the Retrode2 can work with Sega 32X cartridges even though the top part of it has to be temporarily removed for best results)?

Thanks in advance.
If you write the code for it and build an adapter, sure. But right now it only supports the stuff listed under features.

Just buy an INLretro programmer-dumper instead, afaik it can already read NES and MD/32x will probably follow soon.

Go Up