Go Down

Topic: Sparkfun Free Day is Back (Read 10249 times) previous topic - next topic

retrolefty

Jan 13, 2011, 06:54 pm Last Edit: Jan 13, 2011, 06:55 pm by retrolefty Reason: 1
Doesn't appear to work any better then last year. I early on decided not to pay play to see the same movie twice.

Lefty

biocow

Jan 13, 2011, 06:55 pm Last Edit: Jan 13, 2011, 06:56 pm by biocow Reason: 1
All the "preparing for the big day" they were doing was removing servers.

Oh well. I'm getting paid to hammer on their servers. :P

mrtaylor

Jan 13, 2011, 07:02 pm Last Edit: Jan 13, 2011, 07:03 pm by mrtaylor Reason: 1
I got to the take the quiz or lump sum page.  I selected the lump sum and it sent me to the quiz page  :o

Robotbeat

Jan 13, 2011, 07:10 pm Last Edit: Jan 13, 2011, 07:15 pm by Robotbeat Reason: 1
They're done!

I only got through two questions (I skipped the second because I didn't have enough time and wasn't 100% sure of the answer), and when I had submitted my answer for the third question, Free Day was over! ("Pencils down!")

I'm glad that I got my $10, though!

EDIT:Kind of a good thing, too, because I need to get back to work!!!

convoluted

Well that was disappointing, wasn't even able to answer one question. Oh well, back to RobotShop for me!

donkahones

I couldn't even get to the quiz.  booooo.  

fillibar

I got 3 of 3. Kindof shocked by how quick it went from not a ton to all done... Especially since I could not even get to question 4, but 3 of 3 is better than nothing. Woohoo Free Day!

doublet

Jan 13, 2011, 07:20 pm Last Edit: Jan 13, 2011, 07:22 pm by doublet Reason: 1
GRRRRR. I correctly answered the question I got. Next 30 minutes I tried to submit it. Then, 'Well that's a bummer :( You didn't qualify for any free money this time around.'

But, as one said, 'I can't blame them for not giving me free stuff'

wgarrido

I got $40! I was just submitting the next question and it ended,  darn!

scswift

Jan 13, 2011, 07:42 pm Last Edit: Jan 13, 2011, 07:51 pm by scswift Reason: 1
[edit]

Nvm.  Doublet is probably correct about the discrepancy in numbers.

doublet

They don't say they did give $30,000 to charity. I was confused by that too. You have to look how full the meter is, the numbers just say the maximum.

scswift

Well that was dissapointing as hell.  I spent a good hour window shopping beforehand because I figured I'd have a good chance of winning some cash, and I really had my eye on that mini digital oscilliscope, but I ended up not even being able to try my luck at the questionaire. :/

BroHogan

Just got an email from Sparkfun. It said in part . . .
"Initial reports show that we've given away $150,451.00 to our customers and set aside another $22,988.00 for charity. "
I guess some people must be happy.
"Data is not information, information is not knowledge, knowledge is not understanding, understanding is not wisdom."
~ Clifford Stoll

fillibar

From my perspective their "funds used" bar went from ~20% at 1.5hrs in, to done at about 2hrs.

Coding Badly

We are going to offer $10 credit for every year (365 days) since your first order

If their system has no record of my previous purchases, has SparkFun defrauded me?

Go Up