Go Down

Topic: Sparkfun Free Day is Back (Read 6044 times) previous topic - next topic

retrolefty

Jan 13, 2011, 06:54 pm Last Edit: Jan 13, 2011, 06:55 pm by retrolefty Reason: 1
Doesn't appear to work any better then last year. I early on decided not to pay play to see the same movie twice.

Lefty

biocow

Jan 13, 2011, 06:55 pm Last Edit: Jan 13, 2011, 06:56 pm by biocow Reason: 1
All the "preparing for the big day" they were doing was removing servers.

Oh well. I'm getting paid to hammer on their servers. :P
10 PRINT CHR$(7)
20 GOTO 10

mrtaylor

Jan 13, 2011, 07:02 pm Last Edit: Jan 13, 2011, 07:03 pm by mrtaylor Reason: 1
I got to the take the quiz or lump sum page.  I selected the lump sum and it sent me to the quiz page  :o

Robotbeat

Jan 13, 2011, 07:10 pm Last Edit: Jan 13, 2011, 07:15 pm by Robotbeat Reason: 1
They're done!

I only got through two questions (I skipped the second because I didn't have enough time and wasn't 100% sure of the answer), and when I had submitted my answer for the third question, Free Day was over! ("Pencils down!")

I'm glad that I got my $10, though!

EDIT:Kind of a good thing, too, because I need to get back to work!!!

convoluted

Well that was disappointing, wasn't even able to answer one question. Oh well, back to RobotShop for me!

donkahones

I couldn't even get to the quiz.  booooo.  

fillibar

I got 3 of 3. Kindof shocked by how quick it went from not a ton to all done... Especially since I could not even get to question 4, but 3 of 3 is better than nothing. Woohoo Free Day!

doublet

Jan 13, 2011, 07:20 pm Last Edit: Jan 13, 2011, 07:22 pm by doublet Reason: 1
GRRRRR. I correctly answered the question I got. Next 30 minutes I tried to submit it. Then, 'Well that's a bummer :( You didn't qualify for any free money this time around.'

But, as one said, 'I can't blame them for not giving me free stuff'
Sorry God members, I'm an atheist.

MobileWill

I got $40! I was just submitting the next question and it ended,  darn!
Current Projects:                    Arduinos:
Security Robot Tank               Uno
Security Robot II 4WD            Mega2560

http://mobilewill.blogspot.com

scswift

Jan 13, 2011, 07:42 pm Last Edit: Jan 13, 2011, 07:51 pm by scswift Reason: 1
[edit]

Nvm.  Doublet is probably correct about the discrepancy in numbers.

doublet

They don't say they did give $30,000 to charity. I was confused by that too. You have to look how full the meter is, the numbers just say the maximum.
Sorry God members, I'm an atheist.

scswift

Well that was dissapointing as hell.  I spent a good hour window shopping beforehand because I figured I'd have a good chance of winning some cash, and I really had my eye on that mini digital oscilliscope, but I ended up not even being able to try my luck at the questionaire. :/

bHogan

Just got an email from Sparkfun. It said in part . . .
"Initial reports show that we've given away $150,451.00 to our customers and set aside another $22,988.00 for charity. "
I guess some people must be happy.
"Data is not information, information is not knowledge, knowledge is not understanding, understanding is not wisdom."
~ Clifford Stoll

fillibar

From my perspective their "funds used" bar went from ~20% at 1.5hrs in, to done at about 2hrs.

Coding Badly

We are going to offer $10 credit for every year (365 days) since your first order

If their system has no record of my previous purchases, has SparkFun defrauded me?

Go Up