Go Down

Topic: Unicast using xbee-arduino lib in API mode (Read 697 times) previous topic - next topic

kzimir

I must see something over the head. My setup works using broadcasting addressing

Code: [Select]
XBeeAddress64 ALL_MAC = XBeeAddress64(0x0,0xFFFF);

xbee_tx = ZBTxRequest(ALL_MAC, xbee_payload, min(message.length(), xbee_buffer_size)+1);
xbee.send(xbee_tx);

but once I try unicast, nothing arrives on the reading node

XBeeAddress64 SPOOKY_MAC = XBeeAddress64(0x0013A200,0x409453AA);

xbee_tx = ZBTxRequest(SPOOKY_MAC, xbee_payload, min(message.length(), xbee_buffer_size)+1);
xbee.send(xbee_tx);

For the XBees Series2 I use ZNET 2.5 COORDINATOR and ROUTER/END DEVICE in API mode, but havent hardcoded any DH/DL addressing in the configuration. Looking at the threads in here, I cant see, what I'm doing different... what am I'm not aware of?

PaulS

but havent hardcoded any DH/DL addressing in the configuration.

Each series 2 XBee comes with DH and DL values defined. Those are the values that you need to use in the code to talk to a specific XBee.

Jack Christensen

but havent hardcoded any DH/DL addressing in the configuration.

Each series 2 XBee comes with DH and DL values defined. Those are the values that you need to use in the code to talk to a specific XBee.

It looks like he has done that,
XBeeAddress64 SPOOKY_MAC = XBeeAddress64(0x0013A200,0x409453AA);

He is correct in saying that DH and DL do not need to be set, e.g. using X-CTU or whatever.,

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy