Go Down

Topic: Making more arduino projects without buying new arduino boards? (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

CrossRoads

There are lots of small arduino choices. This is one the first that caught my eye 2+ years ago.
https://solarbotics.com/product/kardw/
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

CrossRoads

I never actually got any tho. I used promini's for a while to start, then made my own as needed, some examples:
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.

GoForSmoke

See this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMzRi4AAvV4

Spend some extra on a socket and header pins to lengthen the socket pins then build onto those, then plug your AVR in.

I'm all for using extra sockets to plug things into as cheap breadboards. The body keeps the parts together. 

If there's a whole lot of parts and connections then sure, make boards is better by far. But automatically "there must be a board" is like
for ( long i = 0; i < 3; i++ ) { ...... };

I find it harder to express logic in English than in Code.
Sometimes an example says more than many times as many words.

sencorp

I picked up 7 pro mini's from ebay for about 15 bucks with free shipping. I have been using them for my projects, and just using my UNO board to program the mini's.  Doing a breadboard config with a chip, crystal, and basic components would be the best way I think, but if you are really new to electronics, go with buying some mini's and using them for your projects. Later on down the road you can get into PCB design and how to home brew your own circuit boards for really cheap as well.  (FYI) Just be warned. If you do hop up on ebay and order from china, be sure to contact the seller first with a question asking if they have them in stock and ready to ship, otherwise you might end up waiting 2 months to get your stuff.  I know a guy in china I get all my stuff from, and he is a SUPER FAST shipper. If you are interested pm me and I will shoot you over his ebay store.

Good luck.

CrossRoads

Go Up