Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino with Vex Spike  (Read 404 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello, I am trying to connect a large battery to a large motor and have it run using an arduino, (ie. the arduino can control when the motor is running or stopping). Right now I have something that looks like this
http://postimg.org/image/9ownk0c15/

There is a PWM port in the Vex Spike. This is what I am working with.
http://www.vexrobotics.com/217-0220.html

Does any one have any sample code that will work with this? Or does anyone know of the setup that I would need in, in terms of wiring the Vex Spike directly to the Arduino, that would help me?

Thanks!

USA, FL
God Member
A life? Where can I download one of those?
View Profile

Have you hooked up the 3 wires that go to the Microcontroller?  Have you read the user guide?

//LiNK

View Profile

Have you hooked up the 3 wires that go to the Microcontroller?  Have you read the user guide?
You mean the 3 wires that would normally go to the VexSpike? No, not yet. I was actually wondering what wires I should connect to where?
The Three wires that would normally conenct to the SPike are Ground, VCC, & PMW cable. The unfortunate thing is that this is a VEX, (for Vex Cortex Microcontroller) product, so there is no user manual for Arduino. smiley-sad
Hoping you guys could help me? If not, would there be an alternative? I'm looking into the 'motorshield' rright now. It requires a bit of soldering...

USA, FL
God Member
A life? Where can I download one of those?
View Profile

The user guide listed on the product page has the information you need to connect it and what the Vex needs to work (turn the motor).  All you have to do is connect ground and 2 wires to the arduino (any pin), then program the arduino to make a wire go HIGH for forward and the other HIGH (make the other one LOW) to make it go in reverse. 

//LiNK

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: