Go Down

Topic: Platinum resistance sensor RTD (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

Boardburner2

Apr 12, 2013, 07:20 pm Last Edit: Apr 12, 2013, 07:25 pm by Boardburner2 Reason: 1
I think it depends on what you are ordering.
Some bits are cheap but what often happens with me is the MOQ which can be 25 or 50 pieces.
Generally excellent service though.

I generally try to avoid ordering from us disties though due to the vagaries of uk postie/customs, high carriage charges etc.

dc42

Yes, RS often has an MOQ. That's why I usually use Farnell instead. Digikey prices are often better, but then you usually have to pay import VAT, and often a charge for processing the VAT. Rapid are good if they happen to have what you are looking for.
Formal verification of safety-critical software, software development, and electronic design and prototyping. See http://www.eschertech.com. Please do not ask for unpaid help via PM, use the forum.

Boardburner2

if they happen to have what you are looking for.

That's the real crux of it.
3 separate suppliers for a project = 3 carriage charges.

I find Digikey best for difficult semiconductors but if there is vat to pay parcelfarce handles it not postie , so I have to drive to the depot to pay/collect (2 hr drive if I am lucky.+wait while they find it).

dc42

Fedex is good, they ask me to pay the VAT online after delivery and don't charge an admin fee. For sourcing ICs that Farnell doesn't stock, I usually ask the manufacture for samples. btw if you qualify for a business account, then Farnell doesn't have a minimum order value.
Formal verification of safety-critical software, software development, and electronic design and prototyping. See http://www.eschertech.com. Please do not ask for unpaid help via PM, use the forum.

Boardburner2

FedEx, thanks that is interesting, I assume you need an account though (business or personal ?).
Digikey ship usps though.

Farnell, no business ac for 5 yrs now but I keep a list of bits I may need soon , tips,sponges,stuff and I can normally pad out an order to meet the min charge.

Go Up