Go Down

Topic: How do you make a parallel port to usb with arduino uno? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

How do you make a parallel port to usb port with arduino uno

Could you be explain what you had in mind ?
I think it is not possible.

A USB Host Shield could be added to the Arduino, and the Arduino could detect the signals from the parallel port. But that would not result into something useful. Perhaps a mouse could be controlled, and perhaps it is possible to write a program on the PC that uses the parallel port to detect the mouse movements.

Or do you want to connect a PC to the Arduino via USB and the Arduino creates a parallel port for example for a printer. The Arduino would have to emulate an existing USB-to-serial adapter. I don't know if that is possible.

Sep 20, 2013, 08:01 am Last Edit: Sep 20, 2013, 08:08 am by brunoaduarte Reason: 1
When we connect the Arduino to the PC thru USB, it creates a virtual serial port (COM1) on the computer.

I guess what he wants, is that instead of a virtual serial port, the Arduino creates a virtual parallel port (LPT1), so it can act like a USB-PARALLEL converter.

I also have this doubt. Is it possible ?

Then we connect the DB25 connector to the input pins of the Arduino making it a complete USB-PARALLEL converter.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131