Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Author Topic: Sparkfun overpriced  (Read 12985 times)
Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
Phi_prompt, phi_interfaces, phi-2 shields, phi-panels
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I like Dutch cookies, packed in a circular metal box. Always wonder what to do with the empty boxes. Pepperridge farm is also pretty good. If we keep talking about cookies, this topic will hopefully go away.

Georgia, US
Arduino makes my head hurt :(
View Profile

Dutch Cookies and Girl Scout Cookies are.... omgnomnomy

SE USA
Faraday Member
@ssh0le
View Profile

OMG

dutch girl-scout cookies

FTW!

and what we do with the tins (both my wife and I and my parents and sometimes her dad) is eat up the cookies and next year pack them back up with home made goodies

(or I give them to the paint tech at work where he thoroughly screws them up)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 12:27:17 am by Osgeld » Logged

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

and what we do with the tins (both my wife and I and my parents and sometimes her dad) is eat up the cookies and next year pack them back up with home made goodies

What you should use them for is cool Arduino project boxes!
Waste not want not and all that. Ladyada has a cool project, a portable +5vdc USB power source mounted in a Altoids gum tin:

http://www.adafruit.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10&products_id=14

Lefty
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 12:49:30 am by retrolefty » Logged

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
View Profile

When I was a kid my dad brought back Dutch cookies from West Germany and they were very good (Gummy bears were sausages are good too). Not so good for the Walmart Dutch cookies that I bought sometime ago. I am a sucker for the tin boxes!

Some girl scout cookies from one of my coworker's kid are actually alright. As a foreigner, I don't really understand why little girls have to join scout only to be exploited to be cookie pushers and their parents have to rob money from their coworkers to fuel this scam. Who's getting the money and to do what good? Where did all those bland cookies come from? :smiley

North Yorkshire, UK
Faraday Member
View Profile

Mowcius still likes cookies smiley

bluesmokelabs.com
View Profile

As a foreigner, I don't really understand why little girls have to join scout only to be exploited to be cookie pushers and their parents have to rob money from their coworkers to fuel this scam.

Because sending them out to sell crack is illegal and untaxable(government doesnt like that smiley-wink )

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
View Profile

Wow, that's really something. We should do out best to make arduinos ILLIGAL so they may sell like drugs. We should then push our kids to sell arduinos. There won't be need for real drugs as there is right now. As long as kids have things to occupy their brains we're safe. Afterall arduino is electronic weed.  smiley-grin

Devon, UK
Arduino rocks my socks, yes the socks are rocking!
View Profile

Good lord, when I made this thread I didn't think it would be going for so long :O dang.

Georgia, US
Arduino makes my head hurt :(
View Profile

Some girl scout cookies from one of my coworker's kid are actually alright. As a foreigner, I don't really understand why little girls have to join scout only to be exploited to be cookie pushers and their parents have to rob money from their coworkers to fuel this scam. Who's getting the money and to do what good? Where did all those bland cookies come from? Roll Eyes

I assume you're joking, but if you aren't

The cookies help support the organization which teaches the girls to ... um... well I don't know about girl scouts, but the boy scouts help make you a man (well, a young adult) and teach you various skills from whittling (shaping a wood block into an object with a pocket knife) to campfire making, to, in recent years, computer programming, or bow shooting... basically just random skills that will help the kids...

Used to girl scouts would mainly do woman things, but these days they'll do camping and stuff as well, it's kind of like 4H, but just a different program...

Also, bland? smiley-sad

Devon, UK
Arduino rocks my socks, yes the socks are rocking!
View Profile

<don tinfoil hat>
I don't know if you've noticed, but many of the Sfe supporters that have piped up once with some random piece of "evidence" has had fewer than 50 posts?
</don tinfoil hat>

Either noobs love SFE lots, or they have accounts on the forum to infiltrate these types of threads.  Just sayin'

North Yorkshire, UK
Faraday Member
View Profile

Either noobs love SFE
Well they're a friendly company and give away free stuff.

No matter how expensive they may be normally.

I think that most of the people with a few hundred/thousand posts are the kind of people to build their own boards/products and are capable of searching through places like digikey/farnell/RS etc which can be a very scary thing to do when you're new to electronics.
It's still scary to me sometimes when I'm buying something I've never purchased before  smiley-wink

[edit][size=22]MOWCIUS LIKES COOKIES  ;D[/size][/edit]
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 03:01:20 am by mowcius » Logged

Global Moderator
Dallas
Shannon Member
View Profile

I can't stand it.  I have ... right now ... at this very moment ... had it!  I'm going to the kitchen and getting out one of my wife's homemade chocolate chip cookies!   smiley-razz
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 03:35:49 am by bcook » Logged

SE USA
Faraday Member
@ssh0le
View Profile

That is sort of the attitude I frown on, as a community it should be one thing to suggest that someone OMG solders something to a perfboard vs buying leggo bricks (to a point) maybe we can work on that, cause frankly when I was starting off it was "kiddy stuff" to solder crap onto boards, and leet to use a MCU as it was so advanced, now it seems the oppsite, when really both are pretty easy in this day and age

ps: [glow][size=24]COOKIES FTW[/size][/glow]

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
Jump to: