Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Author Topic: Want: old processors Have: arduino shield  (Read 7740 times)
SE USA
Faraday Member
@ssh0le
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

what got me into the amd game was the k6 series at the time I was looking at a PII

which meant new case, power supply motherboard etc, or I could get a K6-2 run it on a 66mhz bus and drop it in the machine I had later on getting a 100mhz fsb board

so yea I got a 400mhz chip and ran it a 366 for like 90 bucks, and I would do that to old laptops as well, heck up until last year I had a old socket 5, pentium 150mhz mmx laptop with that same setup in it (for a socket 5 you have to remove a pin)

and up until recently there was a very large bang for buck gap, though its narrower today (but considering all three of those machines were sub 300$ gamers as totally new machines and beefy video cards etc its still a good choice for me)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 07:12:31 pm by Osgeld » Logged

California
What was that?
View Profile

I have a few National Semiconductor INS8060's. I might still have 2 or 3 Intel i960's somewhere as well. Would either of these be of interest to you?

Inconveniencing electrons one drop at a time

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

Anyone recall the RCA cosmo 1802 (at least that's my memory) the only microprocessor to have radiation hardness as standard feature? Used a lot in space satellite application. I always thought that was a cool feature for a chip.  smiley-wink

Lefty

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
Phi_prompt, phi_interfaces, phi-2 shields, phi-panels
View Profile

ElectricWater, thanks. I'm interested in the i960s. I have a couple of them. I'm not sure abou the 8060. I will PM you later today.

Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Life's to short to be an adult!
View Profile

I have a AMD Athlon 1.8 for you, if you want it. I always thought I will cast it into resin and machine that into a cube to use as a paper weight...4 years later maybe I should pass it on. Not sure if it works still, but as a chip collector it might be perfect.

"The really amazing thing is how many people are successful with their Arduino projects considering the fact that so many of them do not have a technical background.  A lot of them seem to try, and succeed with, projects that no sane engineer would even attempt." - floresta commenting on the proper use of LCD displays

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
Phi_prompt, phi_interfaces, phi-2 shields, phi-panels
View Profile

Inprogress,

That chip is not quite old enough as a collectable item. But thanks though.

By the way, I have 5 PCBs left. Anyone else still interested?

North Yorkshire, UK
Faraday Member
View Profile

Well I'll have another look but I don't think I have anything old/interesting enough  >smiley-sad

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Jump to: