Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: about mq2 sensor  (Read 702 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

hi
i am trying to detect different gases like Co2,Nh4,lpg,H2 and other using mq2. my doubt is in the datasheet given various curves for different gases, so
1)how can i differentiate gases as i can get same voltage for differnt gases.(in the graph if get Rs/Ro ==1, is that mean that i have 600ppm of lpg and propane;1000 ppm of h2;4000ppm of alcohol )
2)is the graph platted by taking one gas at a time or combining all gases?

thank u
Vitry.....

United Kingdom
Tesla Member
Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
View Profile

With that sensor, I don't believe you can distinguish between the different gases that it responds to. The graph will have been plotted taking one gas at a time.

Formal verification of safety-critical software, software development, and electronic design and prototyping. See http://www.eschertech.com. Please do not ask for unpaid help via PM, use the forum.

Edison Member
View Profile

It is like a variable resistor. If it detects "something" the resistance is lowered for a "certain" amount.
http://playground.arduino.cc/Main/MQGasSensors

View Profile

thanks dc42

View Profile

hi 

i am doing a project with mq-2 to detect different gases but now it is not possible to do that. is there any way to detect different gases(my interest is co2,co,no2)without using dedicated sensors.any information will be grateful.

thanks
Vitry

Edison Member
View Profile

No, sorry.

Some sensors are sensitive for CO or CO2, they can be used in a building because it assumed that there will be no other gasses.

The MQ2 is very sensitive for flamable gasses and it not ment to detect CO or CO2.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: