Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Welcome ArduinoDroid - Arduino IDE for Android  (Read 8593 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi, guys.

I'm happy to announce ArduinoDroid - Arduino IDE for Android.

Features:
  • open/edit arduino sketches
  • example sketches and libraries included
  • code syntax highlighting
  • compile sketches (no root required)
  • upload sketches (FTDI-based board and Arduino Uno are supported at this time only, android devices with USB-host support required)
    works offline (internet connection is not required)

On first launch ArduinoDroid downloads and extracts SDK (about 30Mb), so about 100Mb on sdcard is required.

@ Google Play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=name.antonsmirnov.android.arduinodroid

Blog:
http://arduinodroid.blogspot.com

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Lets see how popular this is - you've certainly posted it in enough places!

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

View Profile

Lets see how popular this is - you've certainly posted it in enough places!
You're right

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

I have a Galazy S3, looking forward to trying it out tomorrow afternoon.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Only thing I see that may be missing is a serial monitor.
Works great on the Nexus 7 to an Arduino Uno R3 (needs OTG USB adapter) - but I sure would like to see debugging messages.
Or can I do that with ArduinoCommander?

Arduino rocks
View Profile

4ntoine -

I'd really like to give this app a try on my Kindle Fire HD. Although the OS is Android based, Google (and likely Amazon) doesn't allow the kindle fire to download Apps from  Google play. Any chance you could post the .apk file elsewhere in addition to Google play?

Thanks!
Paul G.

View Profile

Only thing I see that may be missing is a serial monitor.
Works great on the Nexus 7 to an Arduino Uno R3 (needs OTG USB adapter) - but I sure would like to see debugging messages.
Or can I do that with ArduinoCommander?

I'm going to add integration code fpr 3rd-party apps so you will be able to use any existing serial monitor for this.

View Profile

4ntoine -

I'd really like to give this app a try on my Kindle Fire HD. Although the OS is Android based, Google (and likely Amazon) doesn't allow the kindle fire to download Apps from  Google play. Any chance you could post the .apk file elsewhere in addition to Google play?

Thanks!
Paul G.

I don't have such plans as there are more important tasks: autocomplete and another boards support. Probably this will be done after all and Play-independent version will containt PayPal integration instead of Google Play.

View Profile

I recently downloaded Arduinodroid on my generic Android tablet. The idea of being able to write and upload sketches while on the move is very appealing. Sadly I've killed all my Original Arduinos & only have ones that i have built. All of these are normally programmed using a Silicon labs CP210X i have lying around.  The tablet has a full USB port which so far has worked with all other devices (gamepads, memory sticks, etc). I ran "USB Host Diagnostics 1.3" & that gave the port a general thumbs up. The tablet has not been rooted.
When i try and upload a sketch it  says "Unable to find endpoints".
Is the Cp210 supported? Is it a Driver problem?bAm i barking up the wrong tree?

Managed to get hold of the dmesg.log file from android just after plugging the device in.
 usb 2-1: new full speed USB device number 2 using usb20_host <6>[ 476.820001] usb 2-1: New USB device found, idVendor=10c4, idProduct=ea60 <6>[ 476.820065] usb 2-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3 <6>[ 476.820112] usb 2-1: Product: CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller <6>[ 476.820152] usb 2-1: Manufacturer: Silicon Labs <6>[ 476.820185] usb 2-1: SerialNumber: 0001 <4>[ 519.054606]

it says a bit more but the copy function would not grab it, but it seems to onpw what the device is at least.

Thanks in advance smiley
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 01:53:52 pm by p00ky » Logged

View Profile

Hi, is it possible to use the arduino robot with this tool? Can i copy the libraries from the PC?

View Profile

I. Like this ide but it has a lot of bugs, I could not save sketch, it can already detect the usb port but avrdude is always out of sync, it hungs and exit if the "code completed" , "softwre settings" are selected from its pulldown menu. It really needs so much improvement. I also experience the same with code commander, it always says board is not suported.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: