Go Down

Topic: Built-in Desktop PC Audio Part (Read 850 times) previous topic - next topic

brianeo

I dismantled a junk computer to look at the built-in audio output device. See photo, attached. I hesitate to call the thing a speaker, but it is more complicated than a Piezo buzzer. It has four wires. Why? The computer lacked a sound card. Any audio content, from Internet for example, played on it, and, of course, start-up sounds.
I would like to make an Arduino project with it. Looking at 94V-0 printed on the part makes me hesitant. That seems a bit much for such a tiny component.
Any links to data sheet, forum thread, or otherwise is appreciated.

CrossRoads

Pretty sure 94V-0 is just a part number.
Can you use a strong light and magnifying glass to read the markings on the chip?
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

brianeo

INTP

4 wires because it's amplified.
Red for +5v, black for shared GND, and green for a mono audio signal. White you can ignore.

Zapro

94V-0 is the flammability rating of the plastics used. It is NOT the part number.

Some reading stuff on the rating here

// Per.

Transistors

Go Up