Go Down

Topic: avrdude :stk500_getsync() error.duemilanove (Read 533 times) previous topic - next topic

supernova0809

Hello Friends,
I am new to arduino and using it for first time.i bought a duemilanove board.i gave supply to the board both from the usb and 5v power supply plug.the ic got hot and stopped working.then i took an atmega 328 chip from uno and inserted on the duemilanove board.now the board is getting powerd on and led 13 is blinking but when i try to upload a program it shows "avrdude:stk500_getsync():not in sync:resp=0xf5.i tried  the suggestion given in other similar posts ..but it didnt help.please help me out here.

rbright

Your in for fun times.... Follow this link & from their to other links back to 2009

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=96615ad5afff40a78bb7e0f8b4637c8b&topic=160357.0

TheKitty

that error means you need to change the board type in the arduino IDE. Play around until one works

rbright

TheKitty these errors can be for a lot of connection problems not just selection of the incorrect board as you suggest but commonly when the hardware is not connecting because of the type of USB / 232 / TTL connection used where the AutoReset function in not setup as required.
Cheers 

Go Up