Go Down

Topic: Kit feedback (Read 355 times) previous topic - next topic

rlaferla

I purchased the starter kit.

1.  The font size of the book is too small.  The breadboard is also too small for me to read but I can live with that.

2.  We need a PDF of the book.  People who copy will always copy.  Many people are decent and will buy the kit.  In fact, most people who are buying a kit, don't know much and aren't the type to go looking for a free way to assemble a kit.  ==> If you can put together a kit, you don't need the kit.  <==

3.  The resistor band diagram should be a separate laminated card.  I don't want to have to open a book and go to a specific page to see this.

4.  They didn't include enough red and black jumper cables.

5.  They should put each type of part in a plastic bag and staple it to a card that explains what it is.  e.g.  Resistors in a plastic bag stapled to a card that says: "Resistors x ohm - reduces current, blah blah" or "LEDs - light emitting diodes.", etc...

WWWLibrarian

Agreed! I'm having a lot of trouble with it. Also the page introducing the project has a list of what you need...but not how many! Since it's usually on a separate page from the diagram, which doesn't have any identification of the parts, I have to keep flipping back and forth: [Diagram] Okay so here I need a... [flip back] 220 ohm resistor... [flip back to the diagram] and I need three of them.

It's little things, sure, but it's one more stumbling block for beginners on a starter kit! Starter kits need to be idiot-proof.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy