Go Down

Topic: Arduino UAV? (Read 508 times) previous topic - next topic

Apr 15, 2013, 07:38 pm Last Edit: Apr 15, 2013, 07:44 pm by arduinoman121 Reason: 1
I am very interested in making an Arduino based UAV. I have seen many open sources for this but I am interested in your guy's thoughts.
I want my UAV to include:
1. Autopilot (stays in distance of controller) and user control
2. GPS tracking ( for returning to landing site and stay in distance restrictions )
3. small night vision camera (Is there any small, high quality ones available that would work up to say, 50ft while maintaining accuracy and being cost effective. I have seen ones for like $ 2000 but that is not happening ) - I want the camera to be able to display real time to my computer as the UAV is flying and recording.
4. Storage space for camera imaging and GPS co-ordinates.
5. Auto-stabilizing
6. As compact as possible

I have seen many kits but none that integrate all these things. Is it possible? I am mostly skeptical about the night vision cam. Any comments on this project before i begin?  
(I want the camera to be as small/light as possible while retaining accuracy + able to *display in real time to my computer screen mid-flight)
Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not so sure about the universe.
-Albert Einstein

123Splat

OpenPilot.org for starters.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy