Go Down

Topic: Interfacing SD card shield to Arduino Uno (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

chinmay_bhat

I would like to connect SD card shield to ICSP headers instead of digital pins 8-13 in Uno. Is there any changes in program to access ICSP header pins? Also I have to connect Slave Select pin from D10 itself because ICSP headers don't have a Slave Select pin right?

SurferTim

I would like to connect SD card shield to ICSP headers instead of digital pins 8-13 in Uno. Is there any changes in program to access ICSP header pins?

No changes required. You can't use D10-13 for anything else if you are using the SPI interface.

Also I have to connect Slave Select pin from D10 itself because ICSP headers don't have a Slave Select pin right?

Yes.

chinmay_bhat

Thank you. But I need one more digital pin for a sensor in my project. The sensor is a metal detector. It gives LOW when a metallic object comes near it. Because all 12 digital pins are engaged between SPI interface and a 16*2 LCD display. What can I do? Can I access the analog pins for that?

SurferTim

Thank you. But I need one more digital pin for a sensor in my project. The sensor is a metal detector. It gives LOW when a metallic object comes near it. Because all 12 digital pins are engaged between SPI interface and a 16*2 LCD display. What can I do? Can I access the analog pins for that?

Yes.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy