Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Where to buy Solid state relays 3v  (Read 695 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I am looking for some solid state relays for my develop. I am using an arduino fio so I think it should be swithed at 3v.

I know ssr are more expensive than mechanicals but all websites I check they are x6 or more times... If I just needed one, I just buy it but I need about 7 or 8...

I want that my develop keep working for 3 years or more and almost sure it has to change the state of the relay every 20 seconds.

My requeriments for the relays are: 220v AC, 2A. switched by Arduino fio 3vDC

Thanks!

EDIT: I just found this http://www.ebay.com/itm/1PCS-ZG3M-308B-Solid-State-Relay-8A-Output-90-480VAC-/271159416771?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f225c57c3

What do you think about it? I will use some lamps 150-200w with it... but maybe I use 400w sometimes...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 04:38:13 am by Suriken » Logged

Edison Member
View Profile

That is unbelievable cheap, so it is probably very simple.
But if you load is only lamps, you can try it. And inductive load like a motor requires a good electric noise suppression.

If it doesn't get hot, it will probably keep working.
If you want to be sure, buy a few and open one to see what is inside.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 05:13:34 am by Erdin » Logged

View Profile

If it doesn't get hot, it will probably keep working.
If you want to be sure, buy a few and open one to see what is inside.

When you say "it", you mean motor or relay? My lamps are normals but some of them are ceramic lamps and they get so hot...

Edison Member
View Profile

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-SSR-10DA-DC-3-32V-Input-10A-SSR-Single-Phase-Solid-State-Relay-Heat-Sink-E0X-/160991900332?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item257bdd72ac

I bought a couple of these, they're just sitting on the floor bagged up still until my thermocoupler arrives smiley-sad  but these feel very solid and well built for the price ......

Edison Member
View Profile

I was only talking about the SSR (Solid State Relay).

...so the SSR is probably very simple...
... you can try the SSR...
... If the SSR doesn't get hot ...
... buy a few SSRs and open one ...

I have one of those larger SSRs, a SSR-25DA. They are also very cheap, but they seem okay. They have a large noise suppression, a small lamps could glow very dim if the SSR-25DA is switched off.

View Profile

Thanks both.

Those relays seem too big for me. They are bigger than arduino fio  smiley-yell I think I will order a couple of simple ones I posted and check if they work fine or not. When I receive them, I will open one of them and post photos here.

Valencia, Spain
Faraday Member
View Profile

That is unbelievable cheap, so it is probably very simple.

Why would it be complicated?

I don't know what's inside one but I imagine it's just a few diodes and MOSFETS.

No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages...

Edison Member
View Profile

There has to be some kind of mosfet capable of handling > 240volts and maybe an Optocoupler?

I'd love to see images, unless i go outside and started bashing the relay against the concrete, I have no other tools to open one up with and find out for myself smiley  so please do smiley remember to take pictures smiley-razz

Cumming, GA
Edison Member
Ultimate DIY: Arduino
View Profile

I don't know what's inside one but I imagine it's just a few diodes and MOSFETS.

Mosfets?  No, that's unlikely.

SSR's are for AC loads and though therefore have an AC component like a TRIAC (which is a bi-directional Thyristor/SCR).  It would also have an opto-coupler and some snubbing passive components along with (in the good ones) some zero-crossing based gate control.

Making your own would likely cost more than buying a ready made one... but people do it.   IE, Buy MOC3010 (or MOC3024) for opto-coupler, a ON SEMI Part # T2800DG and find some sample Triac/SSR circuits...   like...

* schematic.jpg (19.5 KB, 500x320 - viewed 42 times.)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: