Go Down

Topic: 500-1000ft. range wireless communication (Read 10 times) previous topic - next topic

retrolefty

Jan 17, 2011, 07:06 pm Last Edit: Jan 17, 2011, 07:07 pm by retrolefty Reason: 1
but a simple laser bounced off low cloud could be the right answer.

Cool, you got a sketch for that? How do keep from pissing off random pilots and having them report one to the FAA (or whatever your plane police are called in U.K.) ?  ;D

Lefty

AWOL

Well, obviusly, the OP is in Canada, and therefore:
1)Is in the middle of nowhere
2)why would pilots be flying below lo cloud
3)obviously, the in built clear sky detector would automatically inhibit the laser when necessary. But then, again, it is Canada, so that seems unlikely.

;D
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

retrolefty

Canada, of course. Can't he just interface with two tin cans attached to long string?

Lefty

Keven Belanger

Yes in Canada, particularly from the north of Québec (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Taschereau,+Quebec,+Canada&sll=55.825973,-74.970703&sspn=29.363022,79.013672&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Taschereau,+Abitibi-Ouest+Regional+County+Municipality,+Quebec,+Canada&ll=48.662907,-78.68125&spn=0.015533,0.038581&z=15&iwloc=A)

In an agricultural area, I'm the owner of an IT company and a family farm where we raise porks and beefs among others. I want to monitor some data in our farm (temperature and humidity of certain location, water pressure/level. Also want to be able to close water valve, schedule lightning, etc.. We already have some camera for gestation and birth monitoring.

I also plan to automate some task in our green house and garden.

All those data/control should be accessible via a computer in the house.

We already have a wi-fi (mikrotik) link beetween house and farm for camera and voip phone, internet/Lan connection but I'm looking for other technology to transmit data from green house and garden.

There is no vegetation in the path.

Plane a running straight over my house, also a lot of small plane are visible at low altitude ;)

48X24X48X: Which kind of 900 MHz and 868 Mhz radio are you talking about?

I think that you have all needed details ;)

CowJam

Going through walls, thick vegetation, etc will shorten range.

Having messed around with directional wifi I can tell you that walls are a bastard.  

Go Up