Go Down

Topic: Baby steps (Read 9 times) previous topic - next topic

u0421793

Well, it's really ┬ÁP.

Ran Talbott

although the Arduino IDE itself is painful to use in my opinion

kwrite (or Notepad2 if you're using Windoze) has good syntax highlighting for C and C++.

I only use the IDE as a sort-of "GUI make" and serial terminal.  Just load the source and go.

Fenrisulfr

Hi Chaps

I have an Ubuntu OS (Linux). I have been Windows free for 2 years......good grief I sound like a client at a 'Windows Users Anonymous' meeting  ;D

I have been reading sketch's, tutorials and watching youtube video's of everything Arduino. My mind is set to explode out of both ears I think. I get the drift but I fancy there is some subtlety in good coding which I hope will make more sense when I have my module and start trying the various tutorials.

It should be a laugh.....depending on your point of view.

regards

Fenrisulfr

CowJam

there is some subtlety in good coding

Good coding is an art form, your code should be as elegant as possible.

Fenrisulfr

I can do elegant.......It's the coding that's going to be iffy  :-/

My Module arrived today! It is in fact a clone, but no matter, it works!

The board is marked -

DFROBOT
DFRduino
Duemilanove

The make up of the board includes the 'auto' voltage/power input. Overall I am very pleased and my only niggle is that the crystal isn't sat flat to the PCB which is a non issue really.

As soon as I plugged the USB cable in the 'Blinky' sketch started running. So I placed an LED in Pin 13/GND and that completes my first lesson  ;D

I'll just scratch my head and wonder what to do next I think.....Over a lovely cup of Yorkshire tea!

regards

Fenris

Go Up