Go Down

Topic: Arduino based replicator (Read 8444 times) previous topic - next topic

arduinoPi

Apr 17, 2013, 12:37 am Last Edit: Apr 17, 2013, 12:39 am by arduinoPi Reason: 1
I am looking to make a replicator like they have in Star Trek. I would like to have an Arduino control the matter to energy converter. How can I do this? Can anyone guide me through the steps to make a replicator? I have a 100 amp breaker at 240 volts. I also have some anti matter some were in the garage I can gather up if I need to. I am willing to run plasma conduits through out my house if I need to.

I am hoping for it too look like this when it is complete

Maybe you could try to build a Stargate-type replicator, using Arduino.  ;)

dannable

Come on now, it's not that difficult. I made one as my third project for Arduino - Blink, Blink without delay, Replicator.
Beginners guide to using the Seeedstudio SIM900 GPRS/GSM Shield

Simpson_Jr

For 1 brick gold pressed latinum  or 2 weeks hollodeck-time I'll sell you the info.

retrolefty

I have a 100 amp breaker at 240 volts.

I could help you realize the project but I have a rule against giving out information that involves working with AC power. "If you have to ask you shouldn't be messing with it", It's a safety thingy.  ;)

Lefty

Osgeld

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php?action=unread;boards=2,3,4,5,67,6,7,8,9,10,11,66,12,13,15,14,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,86,87,89,1;ALL

liudr

Come on now, it's not that difficult. I made one as my third project for Arduino - Blink, Blink without delay, Replicator.

Such a non-impressive resume for a DIYer  8)

As an Arduino beginner, I would do Blink, Blink without delay, and then Arduino with nixie tubes and a flux capacitor for my car to practice time travel.  ;)

GoForSmoke

I am looking to make a replicator like they have in Star Trek. I would like to have an Arduino control the matter to energy converter. How can I do this?

Sorry, I can't handle the soldering, surface mount is just beyond me. Got mine as an assembled module from Hong Kong, cost all of $8.50 but I forgot where. You just Google 'Arduino Replicator Module' until you find the store. Don't give up till you find it!

Nick Gammon on multitasking Arduinos:
1) http://gammon.com.au/blink
2) http://gammon.com.au/serial
3) http://gammon.com.au/interrupts

Zaplady

May I remind you all of the Prime Directive. arduinoPi could be from a non-Federation species.

For 1 brick gold pressed latinum  or 2 weeks hollodeck-time I'll sell you the info.

I have reported you for trying to sell Federation technology.

JoeN

The first thing I am going to print with my 3D printer, once I get one, is a 3D printer and then send the original back.
I have only come here seeking knowledge. Things they would not teach me of in college.

liudr

The first thing I am going to print with my 3D printer, once I get one, is a 3D printer and then send the original back.

They are expecting you to do that and have hefty return fee and a non-printable part in there, which you can only buy off some grey market. For example, the reprap project intends to make a 3D printer that can print itself copies.

ON5MF

As long as noone starts replicating mothers-in-law...  :smiley-roll-sweat:
Current arduino project: universal band decoder for switching antennas and band pass filters

AlxDroidDev

Are you living anywhere near the Swiss/French border outside Geneva? More specifically, near a very large and long tunnel near there?

If you are, I can help you by telling you where to start getting all parts you need. Since you'll need more than a 25 digital pins, I suggest you start with an Arduino Mega (even better: a DUE).
Learn to live: Live to learn.
Showing off my work: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,126197.0.html

Ran Talbott

They are expecting you to do that and have hefty return fee and a non-printable part in there, which you can only buy off some grey market.

Don't laugh: it's true. One of my clients bought a Cubex.  After the first 8 or 10 hours of printing, the feedstock decided it wanted to be "stock", instead of "feed": it refused to come out of the cartridge. Having encountered the same symptoms with WeedWhackers, the client decided to pop open the cartridge to see if he could fix the hangup.

Which he did: just like on WeedWhackers, the filament had jumped the spool and gotten itself jammed. Unfortunately, what he also found was that the cartridge had been designed such that opening it without following the correct (but undocumented) special procedure would break the ID chip that straddles its two halves.

And, of course, the ID chip is not on offer as a separate item: you have to buy a whole new cartridge.

It's the old "razors and razor blades" gambit, except that you have to pop 3 grand for the "razor" before you start shelling out for the overpriced "blades".

liudr

Ran,

There seems to be a certain expectation from manufacturers that users are stupid and will damage everything they touch :) 3K is a bit steep for learning curve fitting ;)

Go Up