Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino based replicator  (Read 7811 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I am looking to make a replicator like they have in Star Trek. I would like to have an Arduino control the matter to energy converter. How can I do this? Can anyone guide me through the steps to make a replicator? I have a 100 amp breaker at 240 volts. I also have some anti matter some were in the garage I can gather up if I need to. I am willing to run plasma conduits through out my house if I need to.

I am hoping for it too look like this when it is complete
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 05:39:16 pm by arduinoPi » Logged

Brussels, BE
View Profile

Maybe you could try to build a Stargate-type replicator, using Arduino.  smiley-wink

Leeds, England
God Member
Quick, chuck it in the bin before the boss finds out...
View Profile

Come on now, it's not that difficult. I made one as my third project for Arduino - Blink, Blink without delay, Replicator.

Beginners guide to using the Seeedstudio SIM900 GPRS/GSM Shield

Netherlands
God Member
A naughty mind is a joy forever.
View Profile

For 1 brick gold pressed latinum  or 2 weeks hollodeck-time I'll sell you the info.

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

I have a 100 amp breaker at 240 volts.

I could help you realize the project but I have a rule against giving out information that involves working with AC power. "If you have to ask you shouldn't be messing with it", It's a safety thingy.  smiley-wink

Lefty

SE USA
Faraday Member
@ssh0le
View Profile

it could be DC

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
Phi_prompt, phi_interfaces, phi-2 shields, phi-panels
View Profile

Come on now, it's not that difficult. I made one as my third project for Arduino - Blink, Blink without delay, Replicator.

Such a non-impressive resume for a DIYer  smiley-cool

As an Arduino beginner, I would do Blink, Blink without delay, and then Arduino with nixie tubes and a flux capacitor for my car to practice time travel.  smiley-wink

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Faraday Member
I learn a bit every time I visit the forum.
View Profile

I am looking to make a replicator like they have in Star Trek. I would like to have an Arduino control the matter to energy converter. How can I do this?

Sorry, I can't handle the soldering, surface mount is just beyond me. Got mine as an assembled module from Hong Kong, cost all of $8.50 but I forgot where. You just Google 'Arduino Replicator Module' until you find the store. Don't give up till you find it!

I find it harder to express logic in English than in Code.
Sometimes an example says more than many times as many words.

UK
View Profile

May I remind you all of the Prime Directive. arduinoPi could be from a non-Federation species.
For 1 brick gold pressed latinum  or 2 weeks hollodeck-time I'll sell you the info.
I have reported you for trying to sell Federation technology.

Breaking Worse
Edison Member
View Profile

The first thing I am going to print with my 3D printer, once I get one, is a 3D printer and then send the original back.

I have only come here seeking knowledge. Things they would not teach me of in college.

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
View Profile

The first thing I am going to print with my 3D printer, once I get one, is a 3D printer and then send the original back.

They are expecting you to do that and have hefty return fee and a non-printable part in there, which you can only buy off some grey market. For example, the reprap project intends to make a 3D printer that can print itself copies.

Belgium
ON5MF / OQ6A
View Profile

As long as noone starts replicating mothers-in-law...  smiley-roll-sweat

Current arduino project: universal band decoder for switching antennas and band pass filters

BHZ, MG, Brazil
Android developer; Arduino enthusiast
View Profile

Are you living anywhere near the Swiss/French border outside Geneva? More specifically, near a very large and long tunnel near there?

If you are, I can help you by telling you where to start getting all parts you need. Since you'll need more than a 25 digital pins, I suggest you start with an Arduino Mega (even better: a DUE).

Learn to live: Live to learn.
Showing off my work: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,126197.0.html

Rural Arizona
Edison Member
Incorrigible tinkerer
View Profile

They are expecting you to do that and have hefty return fee and a non-printable part in there, which you can only buy off some grey market.
Don't laugh: it's true. One of my clients bought a Cubex.  After the first 8 or 10 hours of printing, the feedstock decided it wanted to be "stock", instead of "feed": it refused to come out of the cartridge. Having encountered the same symptoms with WeedWhackers, the client decided to pop open the cartridge to see if he could fix the hangup.

Which he did: just like on WeedWhackers, the filament had jumped the spool and gotten itself jammed. Unfortunately, what he also found was that the cartridge had been designed such that opening it without following the correct (but undocumented) special procedure would break the ID chip that straddles its two halves.

And, of course, the ID chip is not on offer as a separate item: you have to buy a whole new cartridge.

It's the old "razors and razor blades" gambit, except that you have to pop 3 grand for the "razor" before you start shelling out for the overpriced "blades".

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
View Profile

Ran,

There seems to be a certain expectation from manufacturers that users are stupid and will damage everything they touch smiley 3K is a bit steep for learning curve fitting smiley-wink

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Jump to: