Go Down

Topic: Quick component question (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic


Jan 21, 2011, 06:32 pm Last Edit: Jan 21, 2011, 06:34 pm by DKMVang Reason: 1
Hi there

I found this in an old printer..

I know that it counts every little line on the transparent disc, but what is it called, and does anyone know where i can read about how to use it??

Thanks in advance
Lidt arduino haløj på http://dequete.dk

Coding Badly

Can't tell.  The pop-up ads kept getting in the way when I try to zoom in.


Well, i think i is some kind of motor encoder in this case. And the number on black peace is: 46BF and 621...

I does not tell me anything about what the component is called..
Lidt arduino haløj på http://dequete.dk


Please post some more and more detailed pictures. You can try looking up the text on the side in combination with 'rotary encoder' on google.
Sorry God members, I'm an atheist.


Or also, look up "opto-interrupter".



Great !!!

Thank you all..

Now I have been searching my self, and i found this website: http://reprap.org/wiki/Optical_encoders_01#Determining_encoder_pinouts

And I think it is worth a try :D

Lidt arduino haløj på http://dequete.dk


Very handy, thanks!

I pulled apart an epson and have a few encoders from it that I haven't attempted to use yet.

Go Up

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

shortcuts: alt+s submit/post or alt+p preview