Go Down

Topic: Processing to arduino serial question? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

spillaney07

I have a message coming into processing from pure data via OSC data I'm just wondering could I use the processing arduino library to trigger a function I have in my arduino program to reset the serial data back to zero. I currently have this working with a switch but I need to change it to when I swap fiduscial markers in a pure data patch I'm making. I am unable to use pduino for this as far as I know. I just want to know if it's possible before I waste any more time attempting it. (The OSC messages can carry integer,floats etc.)

spillaney07

I know I could incorporate a button to solve this but presentation is counting a lot for this project I'm working on and the current design for this would make a button look fairly obvious so I'm looking for a software solution instead.

PaulS

I use the processing arduino library to trigger a function I have in my arduino program to reset the serial data back to zero.

To reset what serial data back to 0? Why does the Arduino need to be involved?

spillaney07

Apr 19, 2013, 01:04 pm Last Edit: Apr 19, 2013, 01:07 pm by spillaney07 Reason: 1
I have an encoder running an ISR in Arduino that needs to be reset when the fiduscial markers are changed in PD. I've generally just been having trouble working with the encoder and this was just a workaround for me because I'm not very comfortable coding in arduino with the encoder. I kind of got thrown in the deep end with having to use it for my project.

PaulS

I have an encoder running an ISR

Not likely. You may have an encoder triggering an interrupt, but the ISR does not run on the encoder.

that needs to be reset when the fiduscial markers are changed in PD.

What, exactly, needs to be reset? Some count that the ISR is incrementing?

I've generally just been having trouble working with the encoder and this was just a workaround for me because I'm not very comfortable coding in arduino with the encoder.

You also seem to be having trouble expressing yourself. I don't see where having an ISR handle input from an encoder is any kind of "workaround". That is how an encoder is generally used.

Perhaps if you used your fingers when programming the Arduino, you'd have an easier time than using the encoder to program the Arduino.

I kind of got thrown in the deep end with having to use it for my project.

Which you haven't described.

Go Up